Welcome to episode #144 of Explode Your Expert Biz Show, brought to you by http://gtex.org.uk/,
I am your host, Simone Vincenzi, The Experts Strategist, and this is the podcast for experts who want to become the ultimate authority in their niche while making an impact in the world.
Today I have the pleasure to Interview our GTeX Lifetime Member: Karen Bashford
Her own financial hardship, serious health issues and abusive relationships were due to her believing she wasn’t ‘enough’!
Karen is on a mission to help others rapidly transform their lives through releasing the negative beliefs and thoughts, which cause of so much pain and unhappiness.
In this episode, we talk about
- Karen’s experiences with ghosts and spirits
- How the past influence your business success
- How Karen starts her day to ensure financial success and happiness
Connect with Karen Bashford
To Become a GTeX Member, apply here
If you want to make 6 figures presentations and become awesome at Selling From The Stage without compromising your integrity I have created The Ultimate Selling From Stage Checklist.
The most comprehensive checklist to create a pitch that sell without being a douchebag.
To receive daily support in your coaching and speaking business, join our private Facebook Group EXPLODE YOUR EXPERT BIZ
Also, make sure you subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss any other episode.
If you want to reach out to me with your questions, you can email me at Simone@gtex.org.uk that comes right to my inbox.
– Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another episode of Explode your Expert Biz Show. Today, I’m here with the one and the only, one of our lifetime members, Karen Bashford. Karen, how are you doing?
– I’m great Simone, thank you for asking.
– Oh, fantastic. We already talked about your incredible tan. ‘Cause guys, you got to know that Karen just moved house in a beautiful place here. Where did you move, Karen?
– I moved in April, the end of April, and I’m now down in Worthen in West Sussex.
– So you’re on the coast, right?
– Yes. 20 minute walk from the sea.
– That’s so brilliant. That’s so brilliant. I hear people living in London or other cities, maybe in the U.S. or Australia that are listening to the podcast saying, “Argh, I want to be live by the sea as well.”
– It’s lovely, loving it.
– I can see your smile. I can see how vibrant you are. That’s part of what we’re going to be talking about. How can we be smiley all the time like your are? Because that’s something which is a big specialty of what you’re doing. Before we dive into uncovering our past and looking how can we be… Become different from the story that we’ve been telling ourselves so far. Can you tell us a bit more about how you got into what you’re doing right now?
– Okay, well my journey started when I was born and I started seeing ghosts as a very young child. Unfortunately, going to school you get told, “Don’t be so silly. “You can’t see ghosts.” Consequently I stopped believing and I started listening to all these wonderful stories they tell you of how you should be and such like that. Consequently, I ended believing I wasn’t good enough. That I didn’t belong, and I wasn’t lovable because my mother, bless her, had an issue with her own mother about being shown love and such like. So that was my journey of landing up here, doing what I’m doing, and smiling all the time because now I know that I’m lovable, I know that I’m good enough, and I know that I so belong to this world.
– And, I know some people that are listening to this interview right now, they’re like, “What, seeing ghosts?” They’re still thinking about that thing right now. How was your experience? What were you seeing? That’s the question I have. I’m really curious because I didn’t see ghosts, so what were you seeing?
– I see them in two ways. I see them actually as an image in white, generally. They can be wearing, like I’ve seen a monk with his skullcap, and he was actually wearing his outfit that they use to wear in sort of 15th-16th century. I’ve seen a Victorian lady with her full gowns, and sort of her hair all wrapped and such like. Again, she was a white image, and she just literally floated past. Otherwise, I see spirit which is just basically you caught in your eye and you can just see a sort of an outline image of usually black. I’ve seen people. I’ve seen animals. I’ve seen birds, all kinds of things. You just catch them out of the corner your eye. You look and think, did I just really see that? Yeah, I used to have cats climbing all over my curtains at once.
– What would you say to those people that are listening right now that are sceptical. They say, “No, this mustn’t be true. “Ghosts are not real.” What would you say to that?
– Just be open because everyone is born with a skill of seeing ghosts, of seeing spirit, of feeling their presence even. You just have to be willing to trust that you’re capable, because unfortunately, when, as I said, I went to school and I got told, “No, you can’t. “You can’t see ghosts. “No, you can’t hear these ghosts speaking to you,” and things like that. It basically discouraged totally from childhood. So if you start trusting yourself that you can see ghosts, that you can hear. It’s a bit like you hear your intuition, or you feel something. That’s what it can be like, but you just have to trust it’s possible. So it’s having faith.
– Yeah, I agree with you. I remember, I had this incredible experience when I started getting into meditation. Just quieting my mind and be open to listen not only to my spoken voice or other people’s spoken voices, but listen to what else was around. I have a deep connection with wind. It’s incredibly weird. I hear and have voices going on when, and this is the first time I’m actually sharing it publicly. I’ve never shared this before. When I’m looking at the leaves move by the wind. Every time I do that, it’s like I have this connection with the wind and with the leaves moved by the wind. I can hear things that… I was like, who said that? Where’s this coming from? I want to say, yeah guys, be open. Because if you’re one of these people that are listening is like, “Oh, I’m a bit sceptical about these things.” Just be open. You don’t need to believe it. Just be open. Listen to the interview. Because you might discover a side about yourself that you never though it was there, and you never thought it was even possible. So, be open. What happened next? So right now, you’re talking about uncovering all these gifts that you had. So how did it link with what you’re doing at the moment.
– Okay, I am trained in Tarot readings. I’m also trained as a hypnotherapist and LP practitioner. I do bars access. I do Reiki. They’re all the kind of things that you have to listen either to your body, your mind, or just generally listen to your intuition. I discovered that, especially when I started, ’cause I’ve always been psychic. I started really going into learning about the tarots and things like that. I discovered that actually, I can pick up things that people say to me or something that’s shown in the Tarot cards that the person has never shared with me. I’m just able to tell them what’s going on in their lives. Consequently, because I have got so good at that, and I am boasting here because yeah, I give think how’s
– You are awesome.
– I see your Facebook lives all the time. You are awesome.
-But it’s having that ability that taught me that actually working with a client, I can teach them how to connect back to their selves, to their inner child, and learn to love themselves, accept that they can be enough and grow from there. Also listen to themselves and listen to their intuition which can come through through hearing, through feelings, or just constant reminders. Actually, look, I’m showing you what you need to see, just react to it. Take notice of it because it can come in so many ways, but we are told to ignore it. By stepping back into being my psychic self and accepting that I can see ghosts, allowed me to really step up and start helping find so much more.
– Yeah, it’s a different level of awareness that you have as a therapist, or as a coach, or as a consultant. It’s in what is that you’re doing. I see people that have been, I mean a lot of our members. Some of our members have been working with you. I hear stories of people that work with you, and they’re always blown away. So, keep going. Keep going this direction
– I intend to. because that definitely is working, and it’s working for your clients. Now, the question I have for you is there are different schools of thought in terms of connecting with yourself and listening to your voice. There are some people that will say, and again this is a curiosity that I have. There are some people that will say, “You don’t need anything external.” So you don’t need the Tarots. You don’t need crystals. You don’t need this. You don’t need that. There are some– You just need to listen to yourself and connect with yourself. There are some people that say, “No, you need the Tarots. “You need the crystals. “You need all these other things “because they will help you better.” You, obviously, you are doing both, and that’s why I’m curious about where do you see one and where do you see the other. Where do you see the connection with yourself, and then where do you see actually the tool or the instrument playing a part in the whole process?
– Okay, to me the Tarot and the healing aspects like hands-on Reiki, and things like that. That’s to reassure the client because sometimes it’s hard to accept that somebody can tell you something that doesn’t make any sense to them. How could you possibly know that? So the Tarots or the healing, the crystals… So many other things are very much about creating an environment where the client can understand. It’s something they can physically touch or see. When you start listening to your own intuition, there’s not rhyme or reason to it. You’ll suddenly get something, or you’ll suddenly see something. That’s not tangible. That has got to be based on a faith and trust that this is really so. For me, I rely a lot on my intuition. I rely a lot on my feelings I get around the client. I can do chakra readings where I can literally put my hand over one of the energy areas and tell them things about them that there’s no way… You know somebody’s every gonna believe unless they experience it. So, actually, using the cards or the crystals or something like that makes it easier for them to accept what they don’t know.
– Oh, that’s fascinating. I like that. It’s almost like a sense of reassurance, to say, “I’m in good hand,” and then allow themself to go through the healing process. Absolutely love it. Thank you for sharing. Now, I know you do a lot of things around money as well, and I think that money is a topic that a lot of our listeners are really interested in. That’s why they listen to us, because they want to make more money, simple. How… I know that as part of the work that you do with money, you then go back to work with the inner child. How are these two linked? Because someone says, “Well, what does the inner child “have to do with making money?” This is not straight forward.
– No, not particularly. Your inner child, for me, is your soul. And you’ve come down as a spiritual being, to experience life as a human being. Unfortunately, we also say, are told all kinds of things about believing in our selves. We’re often put in a situation where we just don’t believe. If you don’t believe you’re capable of having money or you’re entitled to having money, you are going to stop yourself from allowing money to come to you. Because money is an energy, and that’s what you are, an energy. So if your energy is down lower, if I’m not good enough, I’m not lovable. That’s a really low vibration. Money is a high vibration because it gives you abundance. It can create the life that you want. Money, I say, should be loved, but for the right reasons. Not for the greedy reasons, but for the right reasons because it can give you the life that you want. Everyone is entitled to money. Because we don’t believe we’re good enough, or that we aren’t entitled to money, we block it. So consequently, I take you back to that inner child, to your soul, ’cause your soul wants you to have a life of abundance, to enjoy life, to have the pleasures that money can give you. But how can you if you don’t believe you’re entitled to? So I literally take them back to that time when your soul knew this was right for you. That you’re entitled to it. We find the beliefs that you’ve created around not having money because you’re not good enough, you’re not entitled, anything else that goes with it, and we release them. They are literally released, and in place you put new beliefs. You put a belief that yes, I can go and have that trip abroad. I can pay for that train, or whatever, because you believe you’re entitled to it. Consequently, we start creating it. So, I think that something that our listeners will love in this moment is for you to share a process on how they can get started healing this journey with money. So is there something, for example, you do with your clients that you can share right now on the podcast which can be easily done by themselves? Because of course, there are things that there needs to be done with someone else, and some things that can be done by themselves. What is something that they can do by themselves that you give to your clients.
– Okay, so they can go back to their childhood and find an occasion when they perhaps were told no, they couldn’t have something because there wasn’t money available, or no because they never got something because their sister or brother always got that thing that they wanted. Instead of going along with the story that they can’t have. Sit down and rewrite the story. So basically, instead of saying over and over in your head, “Oh, I wasn’t allowed “because my brother could always have it “or my sister, or mom always said we never had the money.” Change the story. Write it that you got the money. That you were given what you asked for because you’re automatically starting to reprogram your beliefs. Just keep finding little things that you say to yourself, “Oh, I can’t have that “because I can’t afford it.” Change the story. Start saying, “Yes, I can afford it, “but I’m choosing how I spend my money.”
– I love it, and when you were thinking about this, it came to me a moment where I was with my dad and… I was with my dad and I wanted to buy a toy and I was going to this… It was the kind of Italian version of W. H. Smith. Where you have, and generally you find that they have toys for kids. And he said, “No, you can’t have this toy, “but you can have this candy instead.” So he got me a candy bar instead of the toy that I wanted, and I was very annoyed. I was very upset. When your talking about it, I was thinking, “Wow, that’s an episode “that I can rewrite and I look about something else.” I think that this work, it feels like it’s never ending.
– Yeah, it is. I continually work on myself. I never stop working on myself.
– Every time there is… I do some deeper work and new images or new things from my past will come up that… Or I haven’t healed or I haven’t resouled. On one side it’s frustrating because you’re like, “When the heck is this gonna be done?” On the other side is like, “Maybe it’s never going to be done, “and it’s just part of the journey.”
– It is part of the journey, but you can also accept that every time you make a change or a shift or you learn something new, you’re raising your vibration that much more. So you’re bringing more to you. So yes, it’s a never-ending journey. I have done so much work on myself, but I will continue to do so. Even reading a book will trigger something, but you can accept that you can continue to heal. Working with my clients, I have this habit of putting into their minds when we’re finishing that the processes will continue to work until they choose to stop them. So, actually, they will continue to work without them even knowing. I’ve had one client that I worked with over two years ago. It was quite a deep session, and she’s now got to the point where she says to me, “It’s gone. “It’s totally gone. “I don’t think about it at all.” That was around a relationship which was very abusive and there was always something that would trigger something about it. But now she can just live her life without thinking about it at all because that process continued to work.
– That’s so good. I want to transition now in talking a bit more about your business, as well. Because in this podcast people are interested, as well, in growing their businesses. What I ask always to every guest is one thing that or you’re doing in your business, or maybe a tool that you’re using, or something that you have discovered that helps you make more money, or makes you more efficient. Something to just say, “Oh my god, this is so good “that people need to know about this.” What is the thing that…
-Okay, when I hand my day over to the angels.
– Go for it, go for it. I mean after starting an interview with “I see ghosts” as a start, going to say, “I give my day to the angels.” Hey, doesn’t feel nothing wrong with that.
– There’s a book called… I actually got it. “Angel Prayers” by Carl Grey. Now, he’s an angel guru, I suppose is one way of calling him. He actually has a prayer within this book that says. Now, I’m not religious. I don’t believe in having religion in my life. I just believe in serving in the best way I can possibly do without being told how to. So for these, to me, this is really important. “Thank you angels for shining your light on my day. “I surrender my day to you knowing “that only good lies before me, and so it is.” When I do that, it’s almost as if I’m allowing the universe, God, whoever you believe in, to bring to me all the good that I need to have to give me the time to do the things. To give me the ideas. I’ve been doing that, and I have seen such a massive difference in my knowledge, my skills, and the way I deal with things. I’m putting processes in place that as a business coach, years ago, I should have had in place a long time ago, It’s just allowing me to do it. It’s just so easy. That’s what I would share.
– It’s very…
– It’s very powerful because it feels like there is a sense of liberation. I think that a lot of entrepreneurs is very… We work a lot with our brain. Work a lot with our brain, and sometimes we put a lot of pressure on the things that we should be doing on a daily basis. Think of the strategies that we put in place. That’s something, for example, that I do the very same thing. Not at the beginning of the day, but I do it before every speaking engagement. I go there and I say, “Just I surrender myself “to whatever’s that’s going to be. “Just allow me to show and to shine “and to be the best I can be right now, “and for the right people to connect with me.” Then, my conversion is incredibly high. So I have… I’m a good speaker, I know how to sell. But I think taking off the pressure from myself that I need to perform in a certain way, allows me to perform even better. Allows me to be more present. Rather than be in here, I can be here. The audience respond to that. That’s also why it’s important. If you’re doing this on a speaking engagement, do this everyday in your business. So, thank you for sharing. I’m also curious about one thing that in terms of growing your business, what was your biggest challenge that you had to overcome to grow your business to this point?
– Okay, well, my biggest challenge was believing that I could do what I’m doing. Because as they say, most people don’t see it as tangible. As you know, coaching isn’t something you can touch. So I had to just trust that I could do what I could do and get the results. And in trusting, I’ve actually been given so much more than if I just kept trying to push against. No, I can’t do this, I can’t do this. I’ve got to do this, I’ve got to do this. Because I was a business coach and a money coach. Actually, neither of them really kept my energy up. It would always… I could feel it dropping as the day went on. Whereas now, my energy is just sky high continually. Yes, I can work with people around money, but I do it in a totally different way in that I connect them back to their inner self and get guidance from their inner self rather than talking about. Well, this is how you manage money, and this is what you can do to change your energies around it and things like that. I do it in a lot more deeper, spiritual way than if I’d been a business coach telling them about how to manage money and things like that. That was my business obstacle.
– What piece of advice would you give to those people that are listening right now and they say, “Well, how do I… “I feel exactly where you were. “I’m exactly where your were. “How do I trust? “How do I start a trusting process?”
– Okay, for me the trusting process was just to meditate. Just spend, even if you don’t want to… When I first started, I couldn’t sit still. It was hilarious. I couldn’t sit still for five minutes. So I found a way of allowing myself to just move around, but just be in the space of peace and quiet. I didn’t allow my thought to keep coming in. When they did come in, it was usually some kind of guidance. Like, “Oh, have you thought of?” No, I haven’t thought of that. Okay, that’s a good idea kind of thing. So you can do a walking meditation, and just accept that your everyday thoughts will come in, and you can just say bye to them. Allow the positive, useful thoughts that will be basically coming from your higher self. Allow them in. So yeah, meditation is phenomenal. If you’re anything like me, you couldn’t sit still. So just go through a walking meditation, but make sure you’ve got a notebook.
– Or you can also go for a basketball meditation, if you’re like me. I find in me… So I sit sill, as well. Generally do about 15 minutes of meditation everyday, sitting still, and I’ve trained myself to do that. I found that the moment where I’m most in the moment is when I play basketball, or when hand paddle, or did When I’m actively doing something, and I am just there with what I’m doing, I found that it’s even more difficult for the thoughts to come it. Because I enjoy it. Because it’s something that I love. I’m present in that moment, so thank you very much for sharing. Now, you are… Now, we need to wrap up. We’re going to wrap up the interview in a few minutes. What I would love to ask you is your experience about being a lifetime member ’cause there are some people in this podcast that will say, “What’s the lifetime membership about? “Why should I join?” So what was your experience and your biggest thing that you got to be a lifetime member of G-TEx.
– Well, I joined as a lifetime member because for the first time ever, I was actually told how to do something rather than sit there, be told how to do it, and go away and do. You actually told us how to do it and had us do it. To me, that was the best thing you could possibly do because we all go through stages where we go to training, and it’s a case of this is how you do it, go away and do it. That doesn’t work.
– No, it doesn’t.
– I really doesn’t work. So I love the fact that I can come on training courses with you, I can listen to the recordings of those training courses, and I can actually physically stop the recordings, do the work, and come back and hear what you’re saying to people as they’re sharing, and such like. You gain so much more than just going on a course that says, “This is how you do it. “Go away and do it.” That’s why I became a lifetime member. I would never, ever not be coming to some of your courses, or not come to listen in on your recordings and things. You get so much.
– Thank you. I really appreciate it. So guys, there is a link in the show. I know it said, “To apply to become a lifetime member.” So click the link and schedule a call with our business coach. That way we will have a chat and see if the lifetime membership is for you, if you are the right fit for a lifetime membership and for our community. So then you can connect with amazing people like Karen and all the other lifetime members that we’ve been interviewing on this show. Now, Karen, I know that there are people that are saying, “Oh my god, I need to connect with you. “The work that you do is amazing. “I resonate with everything you said.” How can people get in touch with you. Do you have something for us? All yours.
– Okay, right, you can contact me on my website through the contact page. It’s karenbashford.com. You can actually schedule a call with me. There is a facility to schedule a call, so if you just want to have a chat and see how I can help you. What’s going on in your life that would benefit from having a call with me. Or, if you choose to, I have the inner-child meditation on my website that you can download. That is very much about connecting back to your inner child and discovering… And I do call her a she, unfortunately, but it works anyway because my mother calls her inner child a he, but hey. But yeah, you can do that and it’s a great way of just connecting in with yourself. It’s a safe environment to do it in. I’ve used a crystal cave where you’re getting all of the energy of the crystals in the cave, and you’re meeting your little boy, little girl for the first time, potentially. It’s just beautiful. It’s so energising, but it’s also making you realise that there’s an inner child.
– Guys, make sure that you get that meditation. So there is a karenbashford.com. You will find the link in the show notes. So scroll down on your app, or if you are listening to this on our website or watching the video on YouTube, you will find the link in the description. So scroll down and get ’em. KarenBashford.com so you can download that meditation and also schedule a call with Karen. Karen, it’s been an absolute pleasure to have you here on our show. I wish you a fantastic day.
– Thank you Simone for having me. It’s been great sharing with you.
– Oh, you are welcome, and thank you listeners for listening to this show. If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast, what the heck are you waiting for? Subscribe right now and also leave us a review. It will help us massively so that more people can listen to this amazing show and to the incredible guests that we have like Karen Bashford. So subscribe and leave us a review, five star, of course. Up until next time, remember that together, we grow exponentially. Ciao!