Welcome to episode #170 of Explode Your Expert Biz Show, brought to you by http://gtex.org.uk/,
I am your host, Simone Vincenzi, The Experts Strategist, and this is the podcast for experts who want to become the ultimate authority in their niche while making an impact in the world.
Today I have the pleasure to Interview our GTeX Lifetime Member Evelina Dzimanaviciute
In this live coaching session, we talk about
- How to use the Multi-Day Model
- How to make sure people buy during your live event
- The most important thing to do during a live event to create conversions
Connect with Evelina Dzimanaviciute
To become a GTeX Member and book a call with our team about how we can help you become the authority in your niche click below
If you want to make 6 figures presentations and become awesome at Selling From The Stage without compromising your integrity I have created The Ultimate Selling From Stage Checklist.
The most comprehensive checklist to create a pitch that sell without being a douchebag.
To receive daily support in your coaching and speaking business, join our private Facebook Group EXPLODE YOUR EXPERT BIZ
Also, make sure you subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss any other episode.
If you want to reach out to me with your questions, you can email me at Simone@gtex.org.uk that comes right to my inbox.
– Hello, ladies and gentleman. Welcome to this special episode of Explode Your Expert Business Show. Today I’m here with the one and the only Evelina Zimanavachutay. How you doing, Evelina?
– Hi, Simone. I’m great, wonderful. How are you?
– I am incredibly well, thank you very much. So now you’re on holiday?
– I am, yes.
– In Lithuania?
– I am in Lithuania, actually enjoying beautiful weather and sunshine, so I’m very glad to have some rest and be away and spend some time with my family, definitely.
– Which is really important. So before we get into the context and the help that you need for selling from the stage and the event, can you just give us a 30 second introduction, so then people know who you are and what you do?
– Yeah, so my name is Evelina. I’m a leadership development coach and a trainer, and I work to help managers to improve their productivity and business performance and achieve their goals using their reptilian brain, so the oldest part of the brain that can often run our lives automatically, on autopilot, I’m trying to harness that power to help you to achieve better results in your business. So yeah, so that’s what I do, and the reason why I would like your help today, Simone, is because I do have some of my events, and I have some of my coaching programmes as well, but I’m struggling to kind of marry the two together, and confidently sell some of my coaching programmes during the events. So I was wondering if you had something that you could help me with.
– Of course, of course. That’s why we are on this call.
– Piece of cake.
– Piece of cake. So what we’re going to do, we are looking at two aspects. You mentioned in the chat that we had before, one is the… offer side, that people are not taking the offer, or not as many people as you would love to are taking on the offer, and the other part, also you mentioned confidence. So we are going to address both, because I think they are really important in the sales process, because you can have the best pitch ever, and if that doesn’t sound confident, it doesn’t make sense, and then you can be also super confident and on the other side, be all over the place and then no one buys anyway. They are two very important side. I want to explore the confidence side first. What’s the issue, the resistance around that?
– Well, I think I’m overall a very confident person, overall.
– Yeah, exactly. That’s why I was pretty surprised.
– You know, speaking in public and speaking in front of many people, and that’s all great. But I think with the selling part, especially is something that I’m offering my coaching services. I have no problem selling my courses or something, because I feel like I’m selling my knowledge, I’m selling my skills, and with that I have no problem. But when it comes to kind of more of a personal coaching sessions, it doesn’t feel any more like I’m selling a product or a service. It becomes more like I have to sell myself, you know? So I think probably it’s got to do with that, because I can sell but I don’t like selling myself.
– So why do you think if you are selling a session is selling yourself and not your knowledge and your expertise like it would be for an event.
– I know that you know in reality rational obviously it doesn’t make sense, but it just feels that way. You know it’s kind of personal work and I know that during that event, I’ve already built trust. I know that you know those are people who already you know bought some of my services who are coming already to my courses, and you know most of them, you know I kind of nearly wait for them to come to me and say you know what’s next. And then I say you know there is this amazing coaching programme that you can take after, you know rather than me coming forward and saying, right guys you know you have those amazing skills now, you know you’ve got all of these amazing tools but you know what about having somebody else helping you, you know to keep accountable, helping you to make sure and implement and kind of guide you through you know the process of making sure that all of those skills becomes a new embedded habit, and yet to be that person to kind of help them implement that.
– So what you said there right is a good pitch. That’s a good pitch. So the question I have for you is do you consciously allocate time, when you’re planning your event and when you’re rehearsing your material or preparing the material do you consciously allocate time to rehearse the pitch and to know when exactly the pitch is going to be in the context of the event?
– Well what I usually do, my events are either two or three days and I usually well I kind of make hints throughout the course you know like to some of my clients and some of the examples of you know this is amazing John who achieved this and that and so forth which I’m using real examples from my real customers as I go, and then usually on my last day maybe not at the very end of the day, but maybe after lunch or something, I do take time to say right guys would you like to know more about you know the services and you know what could happen after the course and things and just kind of introduce things to them, and leave some materials and information and notes at the end of the room, leave them some time to come back to me if they have any questions and things. So I’m not kind of doing it in kind of very kind of pushy or salesy way of saying you know this this is what’s available, if you have any questions, if you’re interested please come and speak to me. And then obviously then I have no problem selling things one-to-one because I can really listen to each person and I can really listen to their individual needs. And I can then you know tailor whatever service that it is that require based on on their specific you know problems and issues that they have. So for me it’s just that initial kind of cold during that event, to kind of invite people to come in and chat to me so that I can see what it is that they need and tailor for them.
– That’s brilliant. Okay, so there are a few things that are Okay, one more thing do you rehearse it before? Do you spend time rehearsing and practising five or six times or ten times before the event what you’re going to say in that moment.
– No, not really I kind of you know, I kind of have idea and I know what’s more or less you know what I need to say but I kind of you know, I don’t rehearse you know any of my courses or anything. It’s yeah kind of I find normally that I’m quite confident speaker and I’m normally in terms of my content and courses you know I just its flows. Maybe that’s something.
– I agree yeah exactly.
– But by the sales pitch
– Yeah exactly, a lot of speakers are in your same situation because in particular the speakers like yourself, that are natural speakers they don’t need a lot of preparation. You know your material, you are very competent that you’ve been studying it and doing it for years. The thing with the sales pitch is a complete different dynamic because you need to know what you’re saying. It’s like you would go into a when you go into a sales conversation you know where you’re leading your prospect with the questions that you’re going to ask. You will know what kind of question to ask, you will know what products you have available, and you will know how to position them during the sales conversation one-to-one. Now, when you’re doing it one-to-many becomes even more difficult, because now suddenly you need to make sure that everyone in the room understand and sharing something which is general enough and is specific enough for them to feel yes, this is talking to me. And everyone in the room needs to feel yes, this is talking to me if they are the right people in the room. And that’s difficult. So my recommendation is also one of the thing that one of the reasons why I see a lot of people are not confident because it’s almost saying I’m going to… if an actor going to an audition and they ever learned their lines, If they know their lines and what they’re going to say back-to-front they’re going to be more confident, If they don’t know it, then it goes like oh well I’m not confident in that. And I’m not saying that you need to have a script that you need to know word by word. I’m not saying that. Unless you are the kind of person you know, if you’re listening right now and some some speakers they love to have their script and they perform incredibly well, by memorising the script. I’m not one of them, I don’t think you’re one of them.
– No I wouldn’t.
– So at the same time you need to have a like when you are delivering your content, you have a checklist of what to say first, what to say second, what to say third in your delivery. And at the same time you want to have that in your pitch
– And that is a really important that you take time to practise and rehearse it, all the bullet points and all the things that you’re going to talk about upfront, so then when you are on stage, when you are in the moment of the that you’re making them aware of what’s available, then you know what you’re talking about. One of the best way
– So, Simone when is the best time to do that because you asked me
– I’ll address that in a moment
– Okay great yeah.
– In your situation because you’re running two or three the best time depends from the context. The best time of a thirty minutes talk and the three day talks they’re very different best times.
– Yeah sure.
– So I’m going to address the timing in a moment. The way you make it easier to getting back to the rehearsal the way you make it easier for you, is that you have seen me selling from the stage few times at Explode your Expert Business when you came down, and as you noticed I had a PowerPoint slide. And every step of the PowerPoint, there was a couple of words or an image that… triggered my presentation or that part of the conversation. So that PowerPoint is actually more for me than for the audience because I know that I need to talk about certain things and I need to talk about certain things in a certain order. I need to position the problem, I need to position what happens, if they don’t take that action, I need to position what are the benefits of the programme, I need to position the case studies, I need to position the bonuses that are going to receive, I need to position the offer and the discount if I’m making an offer on discount and there are a lot of things to remember. There are a lot of things to remember.
– Yeah so definitely so I think other things you know that to look into is what is it exactly that I’m offering and like you say you know the values, the discount, the offers, the gifts and all of those things that maybe you know you find yeah I probably need to kind of craft all that out to make sure that I know exactly what it is because I have some things but I don’t you know I don’t do all of these you know this is for 10 grand and now you have it for two,
– And you don’t have to do it.
– Or anything like that.
– Alright you don’t have to do it.
– So I kind of have to find my own way of doing it and I probably haven’t yet.
– So that’s a very good point. You don’t have to do this is for 10 grand today you will have for two, there are different ways which we will address here in a moment and we’ll find the best one for you. What I’m saying is that no matter what, even when you’re selling one to one, you will start your conversation a very specific way and you will end your conversation a very specific way to make sure that the client buys and pays. The same thing needs to happen when you’re selling from the stage and the awareness of the product and knowing exactly what you’re going to sell, what it does, who is it for, who is it not for, what are the features, what are the benefits knowing that this is what gives you the confidence to then deliver it. So now it’s not any more confidence issue that I don’t like to sell myself, now is they oh I’m actually not really sure about what I’m selling that’s why I’m not that confident. Can you see that.
– Yeah it is there.
– And it happens all the time.
– Yeah you’re right.
– And it happens all the time because the moment the way the reason why you are so great and sharing the content that you’re sharing it is because you know what you’re talking about, right?
– Yeah you right.
– So if you know what you’re talking about in a moment of the pitch when you’re talking about the product, who is it for, who is not for, what are the benefits, what are the features, what are the case studies associated to it, it doesn’t have to be a grandiose pitch that you see on you know in this large seminar, large back of the rooms, 10000 if that’s not the style that works for you that’s a style, you don’t need to do that one we’re going to find the other style but the first homework for you is to be absolutely clear about what kind of which one is your offer. And you can jump in the aligned mastermind that you’re running as well and Shearwash or Jeff they can help you out with that. So just you have a sounding board on the product how it works so then you can make sure you’re having a clear one. Then the next question is, we are going to address the right timing and the right style, because the timing and the style the style depends from the speaker. Every speaker have a different style. And so we are looking at your style, and then the timing will depend from the length of the workshop. So looking at the timing the best thing to do on a two or three days which has been tested and proven by me and hundreds of other people that I’ve talked about, that are doing this very successfully is if you’re having a two or three days to start mentioning the programme and having a very soft pitch to make them aware about what the programme is and what it does on the afternoon of the first day. The reason why, it is because when you’re spending two or three days with an audience you’re building a certain level of relationship. So the get in now had sell close that even wouldn’t work because you are playing their relationship game in that scenario. So now one if you say this on the first day around the afternoon time they already had about more than half a day with you, so they already gotten a lot of value from you, and at the same time by making them aware upfront they will have more time to evaluate the decision-making process. So if you’re looking at there were three days when we sell, we do the first pitch on the first day in the afternoon, and then we will do another pitch on the last day in the afternoon. So now they are aware, so then we can invite them to fill up the application, to have a conversation so then we can close via one-to-one, and then there is a final call to action at the end. so I’m saying all three days as a pitch. it’s just..
– Well yes essentially, yes of course because you know all throughout you know like I said even throughout the courses, of course I would be mentioning already some of my clients that are already working with you know you mentioning some success stories as an examples, you know when somebody is asking any questions throughout the course. So of course there’s a lot of that, where where you kind of you know showing how much more is there for them to experience you know outside of the course as well.
– Absolutely, exactly. So these are the timings. So in the first part, the things that you want to talk about and we are recording this interview so then I’ll send you the file when it’s ready so you can go back. If you’re looking at dividing your pitch in these two parts, afternoon first day and afternoon second or third day. In the first day, you want to be focused on delivering making them aware of the benefits. So why do they need to keep working with you. And that’s exactly as you said. Right now you’re going to get a lot of skills during this two three days but then there is a difference between knowing something and mastering something. So by working together, we will make sure that you will implement every single thing that you’re going to learn in these three days because you will see the real results when you are going to , well those skills they’re going to be part of your day to day routine. And that takes time and that takes support. That’s why I want to be there for you. Which is what you said before. And then, next part that you want to make them aware is why again is this important for them. So reiterate why is this important if you have the skills for your life, for your business, for your career very focus on the audience which is in that moment, and then the last part is that how that works. Just give them a brief overview not in detail, but just a brief overview if this is going to be one-to-one, if this is going to be a group course, if it’s going to be a line, if it’s going to be face to face and the benefits associated to delivering the course in that way. So let’s say for example if he’s one to one he will say the course that you can join is called, you give them a name and then we are going to spend one-to-one time so that you can get this result. So now I know okay is one- to- one it’s not a group course And then I will mention as well, if you buy within the next three day within these three days, then I will have a special offer for you. Now at that point you can decide, you can make the offer there and then to make them aware this is the offer available. And as much as you are resistant to making you know this is 10000 pound and people buy offers. If you think about the shoes that you buy, do you like to pay full price or do you like to pay them at discount?
– Yeah of course yeah. What kind of question is that.
– But it is the same thing as buying, right.
– Absolutely yeah.
– Right? And if you don’t make an offer you’re actually preventing them from making a buying decision a large part of the room to make him that buying decision.
– Other thing as well that I do as part of the course, because I’m speaking about the brain and you know how we are these impulsive creatures, and as part of that I actually have one little topic which I talk about, you know like marketing and how we are actually manipulated by you know sales and how aisles in a shopping markets are specifically you know tailored so we buy stuff that we don’t need. I actually have a lot of examples where I’m using that and then I do sometimes make a joke saying now you know I’m gonna use now those techniques for you you know let’s see and you know refer to that as well which is sometimes it’s a bit uncomfortable to do because I actually telling them what it is. I have been doing that when I found that you know people usually find that you know quite funny and also it builds rapport because I’m you know I’m very open and I’m not hiding anything you know.
– Exactly, it makes keep doing that because by showing what you’re doing you’re saying hey I’ve nothing to hide, I know these techniques, I can use them but I don’t want to use them on you while you’re using them on them. So I love it, I’ve seen it done many times sometimes I do it myself, and it really works in particular if you’re talking about psychology and sales psychology. So keep that alive,
– And then you want to make sure you’re aware of what’s the real value, what’s the discount you’re giving them and what the bonuses you’re giving them. Now some people for example, they don’t want to give discounts, so what they will say it will be if you join this programme is this much but if you join today I will give you this this this and this on top. So now I’m not discounting and say you normally its 10,000, no, this is the price and this is the price whether you buy today or another time. But if you buy today, this is what you’re going to get on top this this this this. So if you were to buy this separately altogether in any other circumstances will be this price, you buy today, you only pay this. So you can make the price dropping this way.
– I think I quite like that idea. Yeah definitely.
– So now you are having a way that works better for you as you are as a person. And then you will use the second part, so you remember now during the three days then you’re having your case studies, your keep seeding the fact of working with you every now and then, and then in the part of the afternoon then at the pitch there is more to handle the objections and to give the details of how it works. So the objections that people will be why should I buy, like why why do I need to spend this money? So then we are going to mention about the return on investment that they’re going to have and you’re going to link the benefits to the return on investment. The other question that they have is, is it going to be a waste of time? So then you’re going to address the fact of how your programme or your courses will help them having more time. Is it making sense?
– Yeah it is, yeah absolutely and you know that that kind of part sometimes you know when people kind of questioning and you know for me to answer the questions of course you know I need to sometimes even answer the questions you know before they even being asked, you know doing that when I sometimes I always invite people who either attended my courses before or who are already my clients in to the course, and sometimes I ask them, I say well you can ask them and I ask those people who are actually having that to say okay would you get good out of it and you know share to everybody else.
– That’s very powerful, live testimonials and and also make sure that you address those objections yourself, because people have them, whether they ask them or not they will have them. Another thing is that I have learned this and I like it never take a Q&A; is about the product or service. Like if someone wants to have a conversation, I don’t get the conversation public because if someone is an objections what happens is seeding the same objection in the other people room.
– Yeah, yeah that’s why I usually prefer to speak to person individually and say that you know if you have any questions, anything any concerns your concern you come and speak to me person and then we can discuss
– Absolutely perfect fantastic. Yep you were breaking up a bit. Are you back?
– Can you hear me?
– Yeah okay I can hear you fantastic. So I can hear you again can you hear me?
– Okay, I can hear you.
– Brilliant, so now the other thing that you need to be aware is what kind of close are you going to have. You can have two kinds of closes in terms of call to action One is it to give them a sales form or to get them to sign up at the back of the room or the table the crew table, or the other is to fill up an application form and then close the sale one-to-one. So in over three days, the application form the application closes the one that works the best over the three days or two days, because then on day one you can immediately start taking application. And if you remember what I did when I was running the Explode Your Expert Business, every single break I’d remind people, if you haven’t fill out your application fill up right now because I know they will have time before the breaks and then during lunchtime or during other breaks then we will have the sales conversation individually for the people that applied for the programme. And therefore, because now you’re moving the conversation where it’s more comfortable for you. Which is the one-to-one interaction.
– That exactly what I need yeah.
– Right, so they don’t have to buy and to fill out the form there and then, you can say the process if you want to sign up for this course, the first thing I want you to do is to fill up an application form, then during these three days we will have a chart one-to-one and then a during our conversation then, we will find out which option is the best for you and if this course is a perfect fit for you. And so now you are playing where it’s comfortable. Which is at the sales one-to-one and you know that once you’re having that one-to-one conversation they’re gonna buy
– Okay yeah.
– Perfect and that solves the issue of your speaking style which means the best way the most comfortable when most natural way for you is to bring the conversation one-to-one, so use it wherever you can the application close. And you know that is a more comfortable, it’s less pushy less salesy, you’re having a chat one-to-one and also your conversion will go up as well .
– Sure okay.
– So I think we covered a lot. Do you have one last question. I’ve time for one last question. Sorry you’re breaking up Evelina. I cannot hear you right now. So if you have one more question then send it to me via messenger and I will respond that question there. In the meanwhile thank you very much for being part of this call, I hope that was useful for you. And ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much for listening to another episode a special episode, a special edition of Explode Your Expert Business show. I’m going to do more and more in particular because when you master selling from the stage whether it’s from seminars from webinars your business will really take off. And if you see the most successful speakers, the most successful trainers, they’ve all mastered this art and science which is an art and science at the same time. It’s not easy to master but once you master it then, I believe is your ticket to financial freedom. That’s why I’m really passionate about helping everyone I can, to master the skills and finding in a way which is a comfortable for who they are and their own business model because there is not only one way to do it, there are many ways and you have to find a way that works best for you. So if you want to work together and if you want me to help you create a high converting presentation and help you out then click the link that you will find in the show notes and book your call with our team and they’re going to have a chat with you and see how we can help you out and I can make sure you turn your seminars into cash. Evelina once again thank you very much and I’ll talk to you soon.
– Thank you for having me Simone.
– You’re welcome. Bye.
– Bye there.