Welcome to another episode of Explode Your Expert Biz Show, brought to you by http://gtex.org.uk/,
I am your host, Simone Vincenzi, The Experts Strategist, and this is the podcast for experts who want to become the ultimate authority in their niche while making an impact in the world.
If you want to build a highly profitable coaching, speaking or training business, download now our EXPERT BIZ CHECKLIST.
The EXPERT BIZ CHECKLIST is the best tool you can use for your expert business where you will take a full assessment of your business and know exactly what to focus on to go to your next level.
Click here to download.
Today I have the pleasure to Interview Jim J. Doyle
Jim changes lives by connecting people to their Inner Wisdom, which takes them from struggle to exceptional clarity, health and success. Jim’s own transformation from electronics engineer to Energy and Ancestral Healer enables him to help people eliminate all the energy blocks to the life they crave & achieve it
In this episode, we talk about:
- How Jim went from being raised by Catholic Irish farmers to being a Spiritual Healer
- How Jim becoming an engineer helped him with his spiritual practices and client’s work
- How he discovered his psychic abilities and got comfortable using them
Connect with Jim J. Doyle
To become a GTeX Member, Apply here:
To receive daily support in your coaching and speaking business, join our private Facebook Group EXPLODE YOUR EXPERT BIZ
Take a full business assessment for free to have absolute clarity on your business with the EXPERT BIZ CHECKLIST.
Also, make sure you subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss any other episode.
If you want to reach out to me with your questions, you can email me at Simone@gtex.org.uk that comes right to my inbox.
Thank you for listening to EXPLODE YOUR EXPERT BIZ SHOW.
If you enjoyed the interview, please subscribe to the show and leave us a review.
Every week we will select a winner from the reviews we get.
Remember to download THE EXPERT BIZ CHECKLIST to get the roadmap on how to become an AUTHORITY in your field
Finally, To receive daily support in your coaching and speaking business, join our private Facebook Group EXPLODE YOUR EXPERT BIZ https://www.facebook.com/groups/explodeyourexpertbiz/
Thank you for listening and remember that TOGETHER WE GROW EXPONENTIALLY.
– Hello ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to another episode of Explode Your Expert Biz Show. I’m here with the one and only, Jim J. Doyle. How you doing, Jim?
– Very well, Simone, it’s my pleasure to be on this podcast, thank you.
– You’ve been already here on this show, so guys, make sure you check in the directory, Jim J. Doyle, so you can listen also to the other episode that we have recorded. But today is going to be more personal. We’re going to get to know Jim a bit more. So I want to start with the easier questions here. I mean more about what you do right now, and what kind of work you do Jim.
– Okay, well I can tell you that the official thing is that I work with established entrepreneurs and business leaders to help them get from a plateau they may have hit, onto the next level because I’ve been through many plateaus myself, and some of them are a little bit wacky, but bear with me, ’cause as you know, personally, I’m not an electronics engineer anymore, I used to be. So I grew up on a farm in Ireland and ended up, instead of going down conventional route of being perhaps a catholic priest, or a farmer or something like that, I said, I want to be an electronics engineer. What’s that? Anyway, to be fair, I ended up working at, probably the highest level, high tech consultancy in Cambridge, some years later, which was real wow, and I then worked for a spy company, literally. Based in London, and travelling to the Middle East. But there was always this deeper, sort of spiritual sort of energetic, psychic side to me. Lots of smaller things as a child, but in my early 20’s, I was on holiday in Jersey, with a girlfriend, my parents kinda went, you know? Weren’t too keen on. And this is quite a while ago, well before your time, and I had this real flash during the night. I woke up, and my father was shouting and distressed. And it was flames, and I thought, “What?” and those were the days way before mobile phones. You literally, international operator, phone up the local shop to find out what’s going on. And my parents house had been burnt down, the night before. And fortunately my brother and my parents escaped, luckily. Well that was a big shock for me, because although I was intuitive, and knew about things like that. That was really full on, and that was a moment of note, I think is the phrase.
– So I had this kind of intuitive aspect. Always interested in, not necessarily healing, bit of weird stuff, mixed in with electronics and technology, Nikola Tesla, my hero. And then I was stopping working for a spy company, no, I wasn’t a spy, and I came back to Cambridge, joined another high tech company, ended up as research manager, et cetera, et cetera. Made redundant, ran my own electronics business for years, and becoming more, more questions until I had a young family growing up and lots of questions coming up. So I had a few people working for me, but inside I was really uncomfortable. And when I look back, I know that I was screaming inside, but I couldn’t hear the scream.
– All right.
– If that makes sense.
– Yeah, yeah.
– And ’round about the millennium, I had a minor bent finger problem, a little health issue, which you went to a consultant, and he said, “Oh yes, you have Dupuytren contracture”. You what? Didn’t like his proposals, which were not very elegant. Went to a mind, body, soul exhibition, and I had a real wake up call there. I spoke to this lady, told her about my bent finger and she said, it’s usually connected to the back of your heart. Okay, right. I didn’t know that bit was connected to that bit. She ran her hand down my back, about this far away. And I felt Chi energy for the first time, and it scared the hell out of me. Because I didn’t know what was happening. And I ended up having some healing sessions with them, here in Cambridge, a lot of really wacky stuff came up, which was ancestral. And I then got to the end of a expensive, complex scenario with them. I went to an introductory weekend on energy healing. And I knew, by Saturday night, I had to do a three year course. What? I’m self-employed, I’m not full of money, but, you know when you start a journey,
– and you step, you got one step, and you’ve no idea where it’s going.
– Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
– Well, I was on that one. And one of my first clients, sorry, homework practise, was somebody with balance problems and double vision for over 10 years. I’m doing things by the numbers, like do this, do this. I’m half way through, and the double vision’s gone. Like, that was really scary.
– Because this was, it brought up sort of deeper catholic stuff, you know.
– In fact, that’s what I would love to start from.
– ‘Cause now we have a bit of, definitely have a lot of talking points, a lot of question that I have for you. So let’s talk about the traditional Catholic. How did you feel about being brought up in that way? Were you just like, a straight believer, not questioning anything, or were you full of questions, you couldn’t find answer, where were you, how was your experience there?
– With the benefit of hindsight, I was definitely not a happy bunny, because, I found relatively recently, a few years ago, that I was doing lots of things, I was busy, in my life and so on. And I was really, you know frustrated, and my wife said to me, said “why don’t you celebrate?” And I went, I don’t like celebrating, and I realised that celebration to me was a negative thing. I really had a negative meaning about celebration.
– Okay, why?
– Because, you will go and celebrate Mass.
– But it wasn’t a positive experience
– Ever, ever. So it was like, I was brought up in a, that to me was contradictory. Celebration was supposed to be joyful, but it certainly didn’t feel it, not to me. And I spent five years in catholic boarding school. Which was not all terrible, but it certainly wasn’t all positive.
– So I found that, so back to the question, was I a believer? Within the social confines, I suppose, yes, but in reality I wasn’t.
– So there was lots of fear on there, there was lots of, you know, hell and damnation, kind of in between level, so you’re bouncing between these two levels, you probably know this is similar.
– Yeah, Yeah.
– It’s like, what’s reality, you know? How can somebody, well okay, I’m putting my adult bit on this, but how can somebody love you and go you know your dead
– So how did that shape you growing up, having, being brought up in that environment?
– Well, a friend of mine, a flatmate of mine, once described me as the most incorruptible person he’d ever known.
– I was like wow, I mean seriously, you know. And, that was a moment of like, really, what, okay. And, so I had lots of really good values that were not necessarily religious based, yeah, but that was really important to me, and integrity is, people’s integrity is really important to me now. So, I had lots of conflicting values, as I went through my really deep three years of energy healing work, I found an awful lot of conflicting belief, buried beliefs, just under the surface, that I had, we all do, we all have them. Mine weren’t particularly special. Some of them were pretty serious, you know having a rant upstairs, and things like that. And the other thing was, not specifically Catholic, but about being Irish. When I came to Cambridge when I was 21, for me, the England was a sort of bad place, you know, cause it was like, cause England sort of stomped all over Ireland a few times, and hundreds of years later, there’s a lot of folk songs and grievance, and things going on
– When I came here, it was, especially in Cambridge, it was so multicultural then, compared to, pretty much anywhere, certainly Ireland, which was 99.9% Irish people. There was people from all over the world, you never know where there from, they probably speak six or seven languages. Goodness knows. I don’t even know what the PhD is about, just the title. And for me it as like magic,
– All these amazing range of people, I just loved it.
– So going to the engineering kind of years, so you said that, that’s not something that at that time, Irish would do.
– It’s not the stereotypical Irish person, that was there, okay, I’m going to just to move and study engineering, I don’t even know what engineering is, but I’m going to create a career around that. So let’s talk about when you first started into engineering, how was that experience for you?
– Well, when I was at boarding school, so I would have been, 15 to 17, I’d read some magazines, and we had somebody there that was moderately interested. The sort of old transistor radios, I knew them inside out. And how they worked, and all the aspects, and I used to read books on, oh my goodness, high intensity magnetic fields, which happened to be lying in sort of the old library in the glass case that nobody opened. I did a project, I digress, on vitamin C, we didn’t have a chemistry class. But I was actually highly commended in young scientists of the year back then. For me, it was about exploring, about understanding, there was so many aspects, so many things, there’s something about electricity that was rather special. I remember we’d had the electricity installed for a while, and I was lying in bed one morning, real good thunderstorm coming down, and there was a lightening flash, there was literally an explosion in the hallway, around the metre, and the dog disappeared for two days, and eventually came back rather scared. I think that may have been a formative moment, that got me rather intrigued.
– So in terms of the parallels, so I think that sometimes, the interest or fascination that we have, even when we are younger, they still are alive, maybe just in another shape, or form when we grow older. So, what can you see in terms of the interest that you have, for technology, for engineering, influencing you into what you do now?
– Oh, completely! Total overlap, so just to clarify what I do, is, I’m very intuitive, and if you like psychic so,
– Yes you are, I know, I know you are ! Just what a listener is, sometimes you hear, or receive random messages, hey Simone, you should drink more water.
– Based on impact, because, your cellular hydration at the time was really, really low.
– I know !
– And there is no scientific way, available scientific way of accurately measuring it, and for those who say there are Apps, they are rubbish, okay, and trust me, or ask me, or argue with me, I’m happy with that. But, what I do is I use engineering principles of logic, to work with soft skills, so in other words, if I am working with you, or I am working with a client, and they have a problem. What I do is I use soft skills in an engineering way, a logical way, which is investigate, test, establish where the problem comes from, or rather when the problem comes from. Work with the client to get some correlation, so it makes sense to them, and to make sure that I’m not going off on some tangent. Then we do some energy work on our clues, and then test, the problems fixed! So it’s literally, identify it, test and measure, work with it to fix the problem, and then double check the problem’s really done. So I’m using, and there’s not many people, out there in terms of personal development and healing area that do that. And, the sort of things I measure are, amongst other things integrity on occasion, Obviously there are, not humidity, their hydration level, and measure their hydration level, but all kinds of other things, and whether their actually in their body, which is quite a common thing, by the way, that people are not fully in their body. So I measure all these things, their vitality, the vitality of specific parts of them, and then do some work with them, and check what it is, and all the time working with them, so see if it’s changed. And the same with their business.
– Yup, yeah, I can see definitely the parallel here. I want to just explore the other parts of things that might have influenced you in doing the work and becoming who you are. Who was the person that you believe influenced you the most? It can be dead or alive. That influenced you the most in your life.
– You know strangely enough, my mum influenced me a lot. And various relatives. But one of the people who comes to mind when you ask that questions is actually J-F-K, John F Kennedy. Because, this was during Cuban Missile Crisis, and all these really heavy duty stuff going on, but he actually came to my home town.
– Because his family was from around there, and somebody in the school I was in supposedly shook hands with him and so on. And he was a man, we lived in a, everybody did, lived in a period of fear, but also it was a time of
– What year was it?
– So he was killed in, he was shot in ’63, I think it was?
– A long time ago!
– I’m not that good with American history, but
– It was around there then, in fact, I believe they were showing a film that was supposed to be about him, it was called P-T 109, that’ll get Wikipedia going, which was about his time in the Navy.
– It was a patrol boat. And they were actually showing that in the cinema when he was assassinated, and they stopped the film.
– Okay, wow.
– So he was a man of integrity, he also said “we’re going to go to the moon.” And he did, yeah? So, I think I’d have to say he was one of the people, I didn’t expect to come up with this answer, but it feels right
– So why’s that?
– Oh gosh, he was a man of vision, a man of integrity, the bad guys shot him for being a good guy. Whole bunch of things like that. From my perception now, there’s a lot of other things that I’m aware of which, but back then he would’ve made a significant impression on me.
– And what did he inspire you do you?
– Well, I’ll add somebody else to that list.
– There was a neighbour. When the animals on the farm got sick, sometimes there was a particular problem they’d have, it’s not very elegant, I won’t mention it. We didn’t have the medicines for them, and they were known to die quite fast, there was a man down the road, who would go and speak to George, and George would come along, find that hoof print in the ground, dig it up, turn it over, and say some kind of silent prayer over it. And usually , they got well just like that.
– So I guess that’s another one!
– Yeah, which you can already see what that inspired you to do.
– So, this electricity, I remember being very small, and there was a man came with a truck delivering gravel or something, and it wouldn’t start, and he got underneath to fix something with his spanner, and I was crawling there beside him, and he did something stupid and there was sparks flying everywhere out of it, cause he’d obviously shorted the battery, I know this now, and I guess that inspired me as well, so you bring those combination of things together, and you have the energy and the electricity, and the electronics. Plus, communications, for me, I used to listen on shortwave, to radio Switzerland and things, they used to have the sound of a ticking watch. But, shortwave, listening around the world, that to me was reaching out, there was more out there that I needed to get to, that I needed to understand, to connect to, and that’s what I do now.
– And that’s.
– Oh, by the way, My background, my background on here, has got blue dots on,
– In fact, you read my mind, that was my next question! That was my next ! That was actually my next question! So for those of you that are just, before we go on, for those of you that are listening but are not watching, you can go to our website. There is a link in the show notes with the actual link of this episode, and you can see the video. So then you can see actually the world map behind Jim. If you are just listening, if you are already watching on YouTube, or other platforms, then keep watching. alright Jim, keep going.
– So this is my map which has evolved over a good few years. And all these blue dots represent places where I’ve worked with clients around the world. Literally from Australia, Indonesia, Namibia, which is a place! Saudia, Saudi Arabia, India, all around Europe, and then over here we have Canada, States, South America, and even Central Mexico.
– Wow, you got clients literally everywhere.
– Yeah, pretty much. I would, hang on a minute, I was speaking to one the other day in Norway, I must put a blue dot on there!
– We need to put a blue dot on Norway. And talking about, okay, let’s, sticking with the world map, what’s the place that you visited that had the biggest impact on your life?
– Gosh! America, no! I did a, America, not really. I have to think about that. Yes, during my middle eastern tours, I travelled around Jordan and Oman, and various other places, some in the news, or some out of the news now. They made a big impression on me. Actually, you know what, recently I went to Malta.
– I went to Malta, and we wanted to see, I particularly wanted to, and my wife’s quite interested as well, in seeing the ancient temples and literally feeling the vibe of them. And it was fascinating, it was amazing. Malta, there’s something very special about it, and Gozo, that little island off the north. It’s timeless, it’s incredible, it’s like you go there and stuff happens at a different pace in a hard way to measure. It’s not like it’s all quiet and slow. It literally feels timeless, whatever that means to you. It’s very strange, very curious, very nice actually, I liked it, a lot!
– So what did you learn from that experience?
– I know where I like to go. So how we usually choose our holidays, somewhere I’ve got a video, I don’t know if it’s listed on YouTube at the moment, but that was in Lanzarote, we went there, and my wife wrote down these various places, and said oh, these lovely places, they are. So, I said, okay, let me see, hang on, it’s a bit like, so I do my muscle testing.
– Yeah, yeah.
– Look at number seven down, okay, and we ended up going to number seven. The video I did, so it’s about a mile from the coast, and up north, well outside of any town, obviously, cause there’s too much vibe and noise in towns. And, I’m sitting outside of this place, doing a video, and there’s a statue of Buddha, and some concrete spotted cows behind me. That was outside the front of the place
– Which didn’t show on the online thing. Lovely area, lovely energy. Nice little hill to walk up and watch the sunrise in the morning. Beautiful place, absolutely, it was absolutely perfect. Doesn’t have to be, doesn’t have to be five star, it just needs to be the right place
– Yeah, the right place. Absolutely. Okay, I got a few more question before we part, by the way, I love this interview, I’m having a great time here! Is there a book that you think everyone on the planet should read?
– I don’t know about everybody, but a high proportion of people.
– Okay, why not everybody?
– Because some of them might freak out!
– Okay, Okay! It’s to preserve them!
– It’s called “Hands of Light” by Barbara Ann Brennan, who was supposedly a NASA scientist, and started doing a lot of healing work, and there’s lots of images in there about auras and things like that, and it goes a bit deep, but it can give you some very good insight as well. There’s a starting point, and a significant one for me, there’s lots of others as well, but that’s a sort of reference point.
– Brilliant, “Hand of Light” and the author again?
– “Hand of Light.” Yeah, I can grab a copy and show it to you, I think.
– No, that’s alright, “Hand of Light”, and the author again?
– Barbara Ann Brennan, B-R-E double N-A-N.
– Brilliant, so guys make sure can check out this book, okay Jim, one last question. Is there something that I didn’t ask you, but I should have asked you?
– Oh, what makes me tick I suppose. Let me think. People, people, people are what’s important. The energy of people. This morning I was at breakfast, networking, I met some very interesting people there, I met some lovely people the other week, we might end up doing some work together. It so happens, I don’t do this much usually, I’m going out to meet, networking with about 150 people tonight, which is a marketing one, but it’s not for the marketing, it’s for the people. I’m going to see who I meet, and catch up with some existing contacts.
– Brilliant, so if you know you want to get to know Jim, you know he likes people, so invite him somewhere, where there are good people around . Alright Jim, thank you very much for this interview, I had an incredible time. For the listeners that want to get in touch with you, and might need also some support, maybe because they have some blockages on a spiritual level, or an emotional level that they want to un-block, what is the best place to get hold of you?
– On social media Jim J Doyle is where I’m most active, my website is differentlight.org, which I’m about to update shortly. Primarily, I’m most active generally on Facebook, I did 30 odd Facebook lives back a few months ago, which I’m now digging up some more, and restarting a new programme shortly.
– Brilliant, so Jim J Doyle on Facebook, or different social media, or the website again? Different light?
– It’s like see yourself in a different light, so it’s different light, all one word, .org.
– Differentlight.org alright perfect. Guys make sure you get there, there are going to be the social media links, and the website also in the show notes, so you can just scroll down and connect with Jim straight away. I highly recommend you at least follow him on the different social media platform, or if you feel inspired to have a conversation with him, to have a conversation with him is definitely well worth it! Jim, thank you very much for being on the show, thank you for being part of the G-T-eX family, it has been a pleasure to have you here.
– Thank you so much Simone, it’s been an absolute pleasure.
– Alright ladies and gentleman, thank you for listening. I hope you enjoy this new format with the interviews that you are doing with our G-T-eX members. Let me know, also in the comments, or send me an email at email@example.com letting me know also what kind of question you would like me to ask to the guests and to the other G-T-eX members that are going to be part of this series. Also, make sure you subscribe right now, if you haven’t subscribed already. Until next episode, remember that together, we grow exponentially, ciao!