Welcome to another episode of Explode Your Expert Biz Show, brought to you by http://gtex.org.uk/,
I am your host, Simone Vincenzi, The Experts Strategist, and this is the podcast for experts who want to become the ultimate authority in their niche while making an impact in the world.
If you want to build a highly profitable coaching, speaking or training business, download now our EXPERT BIZ CHECKLIST.
The EXPERT BIZ CHECKLIST is the best tool you can use for your expert business where you will take a full assessment of your business and know exactly what to focus on to go to your next level.
Click here to download.
Today I have the pleasure to Interview Denise Mortimer
Denise works on an individual basis enabling people to release the limiting beliefs from the past to enable them to create the life they desire. She does this using a series of tools including Neuro Linguistic Programming, Rapid Transformation Therapy and Positive Psychology.
Denise will share about her journey as an entrepreneur and the impact of doing the subconscious work to let go of limiting beliefs.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Reprogramming your mind
- How to deploy the Law of Attraction in your life
- Why most people end up struggling to create success
Connect with Denise Mortimer
To become a GTeX Member, Apply here:
To receive daily support in your coaching and speaking business, join our private Facebook Group EXPLODE YOUR EXPERT BIZ
Take a full business assessment for free to have absolute clarity on your business with the EXPERT BIZ CHECKLIST.
Also, make sure you subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss any other episode.
If you want to reach out to me with your questions, you can email me at Simone@gtex.org.uk which comes right to my inbox.
– Hello ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another episode of Explode Your Expert Biz Show. And I’m here with my good friend Denise Mortimer. How you doing, Denise?
– Hi Simone, thank you for having me.
– Wow, we go way back. for how long have we been knowing each other now?
– It’s a good few years, I knew you at the beginning of your journey as well. And I was following you from the beginning. So we do go back a while,
– A minute, you had an explosive growth in the last couple of years. And so I definitely wanted you to have on my show, because, you know, when you see someone already up there, right? Most of the time you don’t know the journey that they’ve been through. But when you know them from the very beginning, like you can appreciate the work that someone put in. You can see as well the different stages they’ve been through. And this has been fascinating to follow your journey to be where you are now. So what I would love to, before we talk about how to create a rapid transformations in our life and in our businesses. I’d love everyone who’s listening to get to know you a bit better and starting with, what motivated you, what moved you to study into this industry. What was your reason why that said, Okay, that’s what I’ve become a coach, a speaker, trainer, therapist, what was thing for you?
– Well, that goes back so many years. I mean, I’ve always been a people person, I’ve always had an interest in exploring what makes people tick, especially myself and then applying it to other people. So I spent, I had a belief system that said, you had to work for somebody else. I thought there were two types of people in the world. People who work for someone else and people who had their own business and I belonged to that group that worked for someone else. I didn’t know it was possible for me. So whilst I had a drive, and a feeling that I wanted my own business, I didn’t know it was available for me.
– And so what changed?
– I started seeing other people. This is it like, you know, I’m 55 years old now. And I started watching other people, I kept believing I needed to get another qualification. And I needed to do something else, to make myself good enough, to be up my own business. But I started seeing these 20 something year olds come through, and I’m like, hang on, how come they can do it, and I can’t do it? So then it was actually my daughter, who was in her 20s at the time, who said, Why don’t you take your business online? And that was when she planted the seed of actually building my own business.
– Wow, and I think you’re talking to a lot of people, whether someone feels that, I’m too old to start, or I’m too young to start or it’s not the right time. Coz at the end of the day, I mean, it’s like it’s never the right freaking time. Or we can go the other opposite, which is always to say the right freaking time. So I think you’re definitely a brilliant example for everyone who would look at others and say, well, but I need, it’s not the right time for me to start or I need something else instead of just getting out there. How was the process for you in terms of like getting started in a new industry and doing new things online where you were not using before? Was it easy? Was it difficult? How was the process for you?
– It was really interesting because my daughter has a digital nomad life. So she started introducing me to all these tools and all these things that you needed to do. And, in a way almost became stifling because I thought, wow, I have all these hoops to jump through before I can do anything to get started. But then my intuition just kicked in, and said just put a programme out there, just run it through a Facebook group, you don’t need an email list. You don’t need any of the fancy stuff that you know you don’t even need a website. I had a website, but it didn’t really represent me. And so I did that I just followed my intuition. And I dived in and started offering people courses. And surprisingly, they started buying them. Very low price because I didn’t believe people would pay me for the knowledge I had. I was like, wow, is it wrong to take money to share what I’ve invested thousands in?
– Yeah, there are a lot of people are having the same thing. I remember when I started myself as well. I was like, but I don’t wanna charge or I just want to give this away for free.
– [Denise] Yeah
– Or would people pay me and then I arrived to the point when I was like okay, no I want to run a business with this. So I’ve gotta start charging and started my first leg session was like 30 pound and then moved to 50 pound, and then end up moving on. So that’s definitely an interesting process. So how then did you build your confidence to then charge more to get to the point where you’re at now , where you can demand higher prices without feeling like, Oh, is it the right thing? Or would people pay for it and so on?
– Well, it was an interesting series of events. And my biggest turning point was when I was working with, you were my mentor at that point, and I wanted to put a programme. programme
– Yeah And do you remember this?
– And I said, I think I said, to get 100 people on it, and you said to me get 50 or something like that it was something around that. And so I ended up getting 47 people on this 21 day programme.
– I remember that.
– But it turned into a life changer for me, it turned into a real game changer because actually, this is a really another great tribute to you. And I’m gonna, I wanna share this because this is really important, because I share this with all my clients now. There’s always another way to do things. I was doing a webinar one night and you
– Oh yeah,
– You were holding my hand literally, figuratively holding my hand through the process. You said now, call me if there’s any problems. And I called you and I said, my software has failed, and I don’t know what to do. And you said do it as a Facebook Live and I was like, Okay, I didn’t even think of that. So I went on very, almost defeated, doing a Facebook Live saying I was supposed to be doing this webinar. And so what happened was that a load of people who weren’t even registered for my webinar, came to my Facebook Live. And somebody who watched my Facebook Live, then said afterwards, Coz I was selling my 21 pounds course there,
– She said can I introduce you to somebody else can I put you in this messenger group? And I said, sure, she put me in the messenger group. And it turned out to be a network marketing leader, who then invited me to speak in her Network Marketing Group the next day, where I sold 150 places on my 21 day course.
– I remember that
– So if, my software didn’t fail, If you didn’t tell me to do a Facebook Live, everything could have been very, very different. So it was a series of seemingly bad events that led to something that was really positive.
– I remember that night so vividly , I mean you called me like all the stuff failed, I was like Okay, its okay send an email, say you’re going to go live on your group instead, here’s the link of the group, get people to join and do the live anyway. And when you gave me the results, I was like bloody how does she do it? But that’s again, a representation of no matter what, just keep going and no matter what, always find an alternative, to do what you want to do. And somehow the universe rewards you for that. So I’m just so happy that it turned out in that way. When you told me about the Facebook, I was like, yeah lets go!
– This is such an important thing for people, anyone listening who is starting out. This has been that lesson I repeat over and over again. Because I’ve run webinars that I had one webinar where two people turned up for it. And there were two people who frankly would never gonna buy anything from me. And had already been to the webinar before. And I was like, Oh my god, they’re really nice people. But I ended up doing the webinar anyway, and recording it and going thinking Why didn’t anyone come to my webinar? And I think ,I must have thought like, what would Simone do? And so I and this is after I’d worked with you anyway. So you still left an impression. And so I put it on Facebook. I said, hey, if you miss my webinar, you catch the replay. And I built my list by 40 people, who hadn’t even been registered for my webinar afterwards by sending them the replay.
– There’s always a way
– Absolutely, there is always a way and we all need those turning points, those turning moments to validate to almost give us proof or permission to go and charge more or play a bigger game. And those turning points that consistently happen can be at the beginning when they just from like doing a webinar moving to a Facebook Live. Or it can be when you’re speaking on stage for the first time in front of thousands of people. And that becomes another breakthrough to set a new standard for you. And so that’s the game where we are in. So now I know that then you add another leap and in terms of like your business growth, because in particular say in the past 12 months, and I wasn’t involved. We haven’t been working together for a couple of years now. But you had another leap. So what happened in that period? And what got you to get to that next stage where you are right now?
– I’ve probably had two leaps since then. So one was 2018 I’ve been, ever since I think you were my second mentor, but I’ve always had been working closely with a mentor and I worked with someone who was really pushing me for you know, to make statements. Even now I have an efficient for it, you know, the amount of money I wanna be earning. And I started doing more mindset work, more mindset work than I’d ever done before. And I made a commitment to myself that 2018 I was gonna make 100,000 pounds. And I did and you know, it’s a vanity metric because it was 100,000 pound turnover. Not 100,000 pound profit. So let’s be clear for anyone listening that you know, turnover and profit are two different things. But it was still it was 100,000 pounds. I was like, Yes, I did what I said I was gonna do. And it was about doing the mindset work. It was really just applying every day I thought I have nothing to lose. You know, I’ve just paid a huge amount of money to work with a particular mentor. And I’ve nothing to lose and everything to gain. So I did every day I did the affirmations I did the intentions. I looked at my vision board. And I believe that was very conscious efforts. And I believe, I’ll talk about the subconscious in a little bit. But I believe with conscious effort you can get to a certain point and I believe that was what got me to that next step in my business.
– So that’s the mindset workers and committing to it. That’s that’s the thing about you though that makes it different from a lot of other people. Is the daily commitment to the craft and to the work. Whether we use it to improve it a particular skill, it can be a business skill or a mindset skill. Nothing comes just by saying , I’m going to do this. But is the process and the commitment to the process that then make the results happen. That’s what you did. You committed to do the mindset work. I remember like when we were working together, you committed to do line work, doing every day, everything every single day showing up, and you got the results. Do the mindset work, next leap. And so what happened now? You said it, you had another turning point, what was your turning point?
– The turning point was actually late in 2019. So it’s been a very recent thing, where I got to a point where, quite frankly, I’ll be really honest and vulnerable that I, I was starting to attract clients that were less than ideal. They were struggling to pay me and I didn’t wanna work with clients who were struggling. And I wanted to work with clients who felt aligned with me who felt really excited about working with me. And so I booked myself into something called rapid transformation therapy. And I went almost like sceptical thinking, Well, what is this going to do for me? I’ve done it all. I’ve studied NLP. I’ve studied coaching. I’m a positive psychologist. I know it all. So I kind of didn’t believe it was even going to work for me because I thought I’ve done all the clearing of my subconscious blocks. But when I had the rapid transformation session, I immediately knew, in fact, I kept getting intuitions back in September. I kept getting nudges, thinking, hypnotherapy. I’m like, Why do I keep feeling like I need to do something with hypnotherapy therapy. Then I had my rapid transformation session. And I believe it shifted what I refer to as my vibrational frequency. And I immediately started attracting a different quality of client people slipping into my inbox asking how can they work with me and not even asking the price. And I was like, This is crazy. This is crazy. And I had written on my mirror, I still have it written on my mirror. Every day is payday.
– Yes, every day, I love it.
– And every day has been day. Every day has been payday, because I cleared. There are things that we don’t know that are blocking us, we may be able to refer to them say, Oh, yes, this happened to me when I was a child. But unless we go there and re experience the pain and choose, and acknowledge how it’s impacting us and then let it go. We can hit a certain level. And that’s what I did. I hit a certain level couldn’t get beyond. And now I feel like I’ve broken through to the next level.
– Oh, this is brilliant. So let’s stop talking about this now. Coz now it’s time to talk about the subconscious mind. It’s time to talk about the rapid transformation therapy. So well how is that different from other types of work? Because every time I see you online, and you’re always talking, really swearing about this therapy, and that’s something I’ve never done myself. So I’ve done a lot of other kind of work, you have done a lot of other kind of work. what’s now the difference element that it brings to be so effective?
– The difference that makes the difference is that most of us can do the conscious work. We can do the affirmations, we can do the gratitude, we can do the daily practises. But up to 98% of what we’re doing is driven by subconscious. And our subconscious is developed in our early years. It’s almost like this human flaw. So between the ages of zero to 12 years old, our mind is like a blank canvas and we’re receiving, we’re putting, we’re creating a picture of what the world is gonna be like by everything we experience that. And then that is the map with the filter through which we see all our adult experiences. So while people may consciously say, I want to lose weight, I want to have a successful business I want to have a great relationship. If they have something in their past a belief that originated in their past, that they witnessed, they ate for comfort, or they witnessed poor relationship in their family or whatever it is, wherever they’re not getting results, we go back there, and they will always come down. Everybody at some level is running a pattern of I’m not good enough. They might have shame, they might have guilt. And it’s about going back to finding out how they recorded it , coz it’s like recorded in their DNA. So we go back to where it’s recorded. We allow them to identify how it’s impacting their life. And then we change the belief. And then they listened to a meditation, a bespoke meditation for 21 days. I got chills just talking about it because I’ve seen Simone, I’m seeing people, like have miracles happen in the life. Because I believe, if you look at the energetic frequency scale, you know, if you’re experiencing guilt, shame, despair, powerlessness, that’s really low level vibration. So no matter what you’re doing, at a conscious level, to try and overcome that all the affirmations in the world won’t make a difference until you clear the underlying systemic. Yeah, yes, yeah. And then when you do that, people that just like and they almost forget how bad it was. And it might have been bad for 30, 40, 50 years and they forget how bad it was. And suddenly they’re like , I’m literally getting clients saying, I had a surprise clients turn up, I wasn’t expecting that they’ve paid me in full. I’ve had this opportunity this is happening that’s happening and I’m just like, oh this is amazing. So, how is it different now in terms of from like hypnosis or EFT because also these other, which I know you have done or NLP for example, which they are practise that they somehow work on a subconscious level. How then it becomes… So I know that for example, this affirmations are more like in a superficial level of making conscious somehow it will drip into subconscious.
– But now we are talking about something different. So is there something that complements those practises something’s better what has been your experience?
– I think, because I’ve been thinking a lot about this because this has really worked for me and we all we all find the way to enlightenment that really works for us. And then we attract the other people who believe that that modality is going to work for them. So I’ve tried EFT, and I’m like, Yeah, I really like it. But I didn’t, immediately feel like oh my God, I need to go and share this with the world, but I believe it really works. And for anyone who feels like they can’t wait to share it with the world, I think that’s brilliant.
– That’s their thing.
– Yes, totally. It’s, so they are not right or wrong. And I think people need to find their way find the person who you believe is gonna help you to unlock.
– This is such a refreshing approach to hear though because you know, a lot of times go to people that are so into a certain modality is that, you know, this is their way. This is the only way, this is the best way. And I’m like, well there are other people that say the other practise is the way. so what I’m hearing you’re saying is that all these modalities are work on a subconscious level, they work but then the depending on your path, depending on who you are, depending on whatever something that we don’t know, there is something that will work for you. Or you will need different things to work for you at different points of your journey. And the way you feel it. Is when you have that particular practise or when you have experienced that. If you have that, oh my god, I’m people need to know this. That’s a clue of this is the right thing for you. Is that what you’re saying?
– Yeah, absolutely, that nobody is wrong in their approach. And if they feel that that’s the right way, it is absolutely the right way. And the kind of clients I’ve got turning up to me, and this is gonna sound really weird. I had someone turn up in my inbox saying, You came to me in a dream. And I know that you’re going to help me and this person has had massive breakthroughs and this person has said to me, I believe you’re part of a prophecy for me and this person is Like, just absolutely. And I’m like, this is, I’m understanding more about energy. I used to think energy was like for weirdos and woo woo people, but the whole quantum thing is real. we are all just energy.
– Let’s talk about that. Let’s talk about the quantum. Let’s talk about this field of energy. Tell me a bit more about what has been like more your recent discoveries in your recent understanding now that you are working even more in this field.
– So I did a talk last weekend called… And I never would have done this before, Coz I would have felt like I needed to study something to do it, but called How to Take a Massive Quantum Leap because a quantum leap for me, what I’m seeing a quantum leap just means a massive leap. So they’re taking Quantum Leap when they’re shifting their energy. They’re still the same people, but they’re an upgraded version of themselves and no longer operating with a base, a subconscious base that they didn’t even know A subconscious base that is saying that, I’m full of guilt, I’m full of shame, I’m full of powerlessness. They’re vibrating at a different level. And they magnetise people in a different way. Like suddenly you’re magnetising people to you, just because your energy and time and space, and someone in New Zealand can feel it in New York, and they’re contacting you and like, it’s, it really is crazy. When your energy changes, everything changes, and that is a quantum leap.
– Mhhm, So, in terms of affecting those energy change, like what are some of the things that are making the shift of energy difficult that will need to work on. So you mentioned already things that are happening in childhood? Is there anything else that affects the changes in this energy field?
– Yeah, there’s gotta be a willingness to believe because everything is belief based. You’ve got to believe that you can shift something, you know, there’s no there’s no point in undergoing a process with, you can be sceptical, but be open to the possibilities. And you also have to, there is a little, there is literally just a little bit of work to do once you go through a process of uncovering the old limiting beliefs, and that’s just listening to a meditation every day because it’s imposing in planting, installing those thoughts that you needed to hear as a child things that would have really helped you to be the best version of yourself. Sorry, I think I went on pace with your question. Now I don’t think I answered the question properly.
– Yeah, the question was like, what other factors that stop this shift of energy?
– That’s what the question.
– Okay, People are scared. People get scared of doing that. So people are afraid of two things, failure and success. So some people have wanted to book with me but they’re terrified because they don’t know What’s on the other side. They think Suddenly, I don’t know they’re gonna be they’re gonna be brainwashed, but they are but the fact is they’re already brainwashed. Everything that you’re doing is a representation of your current state of brainwashing.
– Yeah, yeah.
– So what I’m just gonna brainwash them to not forget what happened in the past, but neutralise it and give them the, instal new beliefs that are gonna help take them forward so that not constantly… because right now then anyone who’s not getting the results they want in the world of law of attraction. They always speak about becoming a vibrational match for the things that you want, right? You’ve come across this vibrational match, and this is where I was getting stuck. 2019 I spent most of 2019 like listening to Abraham Hicks and studying this stuff and going, How do I become a vibrational match? How do I become a vibrational match? I’m doing the affirmations. I’ve got the vision board. I’m doing all the things I’m supposed to be doing. But the biggest aha moment came for me when I cleared the subconscious that I didn’t know because it’s subconscious. I didn’t know that was running my life. And I got rid of it. And now I’m on like my fourth round of rapid transformation therapy with my therapist. Because…
– There is…
– Yeah, there’s you’ve got you go to another level and it’s, it becomes fun, it becomes like, I can’t wait to uncover the next level and see where I can go from here and see where I go from there. Coz you can implant anything you want. We are the matrix, we are living in the matrix, you can create your reality.
– So let’s talk a bit about the creation of your reality. Erm in terms of the… so the processes are neutralising things that happen, and creates results that we don’t want in our life and then installed something that, like almost a new software, something that actually
– [Denise] Yeah gives the command that that we want to have. So what are some of the things for example, that from your own personal experience, you had to neutralise if you want, choose the one that you feel comfortable to share?
– [Denise] Yeah,
– And some of the things that you decided to implant instead of that.
– Yeah, so I think beliefs about about money, like almost feeling that… and I think a lot of service based entrepreneurs, people who want to help have this problem. That they’re afraid to charge or they they feel bad about charging, because they feel like almost what they do is like a gift to the world. So they get embarrassed about money. And so I was feeling apologetic about money. I was like, I really want to help these people, but I feel really bad and should I charge this maybe I should lower my prices. So I didn’t have a congruence with what I was charging. And I had to feel differently about it. Like I said on my mirror it says every day is payday now. And so when I shifted that, and I actually believed because I do believe in what I do, but I’d had a money belief that was thinking , I need to be charitable I need to give to people. But when I believe now I have an absolute belief that what I’m giving is of tremendous value to people. And energetically they feel it too. They are feeling it. So I’m not coming from that place of…
– I feel bad. Because everything is energy.
– Did that come from like the fact of charging? For you did it come from something that happened in your childhood?
– Yeah, Yeah, would have come from? Yes, yeah, just beliefs, things about my dad, like, and I’ve just realised as well, something I need to work on, which these things just keep coming up. Every year, probably from September to January. I start panicking about taxes. And I’m like, I don’t wanna panic about taxes. I just wanna be cool with it. I just wanna be good about taxes. And so I thought, I don’t have to panic about taxes. I can instal a new software about how I wanna feel about taxes and manage them differently. And it’s not turning a blind eye to it, but it’s about choosing how I wanna respond to it, and then putting the plans in place to make sure that I respond, according to that. And that goes back to my dad, my dad was always like, god damn taxes, you know. So that’s what I witnessed and you know, I love him. He was a wonderful man. And this is another thing as well that I want to admit to. Sometimes, you know, we love our parents, but our parents can be the thing that screws us up the most. I think it’s almost their job to screw us up. You know you can love them. And it’s not disrespecting them to acknowledge that they didn’t always make a decision that enabled you to be a powerful and completely competent person. Sometimes they disable by you saying, I’ll do that for you, I’ll do that for you or, you know those goddamn taxes or whatever it is that they’re saying. That’s it, you know. And you’re shaping your whole life based on what you’re observing that. So your job as an adult, if you’ve got a pattern that doesn’t help, is to break the family pattern and to move into a new direction. You don’t need to carry that tradition, you can create a new family pattern a new
– A new way.
– Sounds like a very powerful process. So now we want to move into part of the interview, which is called the lifting the veil. Which is when I asked you to share a tool, a strategy or that can be a book, or an app that you use that made a huge impact in your life that you’re using maybe every day. And that is worth sharing with everyone. So what’s that for you?
– I’m gonna say three names that I think people should Look up what you’re really worth investigating. Marisa Peer who’s the woman who originated. So the reason Rapid Transformation works so well is because it’s a really well constructed end to end process. It’s really well constructed. That’s what I love about it. So check out Marissa here. Check out the work of Bruce Lipton and work of Joe Dispenza. Because they’re talking about vibrational energy, how we can, how we ca shift our genes how we can shift through our belief system so everything that ties in so beautifully together, just look up anything you can on YouTube about these people, and just keep as many hours a day as you can in here.
– Oh, yeah, absolutely. Marisa Peer, Bruce Lipton, Joe Dispenza. For me actually Bruce Lipton was the person that got me to go into coaching. I was very lucky because I was exposed to I think he just came when I was watching one documentary, like three at two o’clock in the morning on YouTube.
– And I watched this documentary about I think of the psychology of belief. I think it was called, the Physiology of Belief or something like that. And I remember that after watching the documentary, I couldn’t sleep at all, my whole body was just vibrating like crazy. And that was the moment where I knew that people needed to know about this stuff. And that got me into coaching. And I think I was like 22 at the time. So I felt incredibly blessed to being exposed to that message of Bruce Lipton so early and it is just mind blowing. So everyone, Marisa Peer, Bruce Lipton, Joe Dispenza make sure you check them out. So Denise if someone wants to get in touch with you, if someone wants to experience Rapid Transformation Therapy or some of the other services that you do, what’s the best way to reach out to you?
– So, email is a great way, which is email@example.com. Or alternatively, I have a Facebook group called Denise Mortimer’s Big Idea. So you can join the Facebook group or just reach out via email.
– So the group is Denise Mortimer Big Idea, you can find it they are going to be there. The link is going to be the link in the show notes. And as well, the email is, firstname.lastname@example.org. So you can reach out straight to Denise, ask her how you can work with her and also know that Denise has a lot of resources that she can recommend and you can you can use. Denise it’s been an absolute pleasure to have you here on the show. Thank you very much for sharing your wisdom. Thank you very much for sharing this important work that you’re doing. And in particular, to get us thinking about what runs deeper under the surface. And how we can shift that. So thank you very much.
– Thank you so much Simone.
– All right, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for being with us at the Explode Your Expert Business Show. Let me know what you enjoy the most about this episode, leave us a review. And if you haven’t subscribed, make sure you subscribe right now. Until next time, have a fantastic day and remember that together we grow exponentially. Ciao!