Welcome to bonus episode of Explode Your Expert Biz Show, brought to you by http://gtex.org.uk/,
I am your host, Simone Vincenzi, The Experts Strategist, and this is the podcast for experts who want to become the ultimate authority in their niche while making an impact in the world.
Do you want to MONETISE YOUR SPEAKING BIZ? We are only taking 15 speakers and experts on this brand new program click here >>
Today I have the pleasure to Interview Dario Cucci.
Dario Cucci is a Sales Coach & Mentor, as well as a Bestselling Author. He works with Professionals in the Service Industry to help them improve their Mindset & Sales Skills, to boost their Sales. All whilst at the same time improve their Public Reputation, which helps them grow their Business faster. Dario Cucci is also a recognized Bestselling Author. In addition to all of that, Dario Cucci holds his own Seminars in the UK & CH. He has over 20 Years of Experience having worked within the Self Development and Events Niche. As such he knows how to motivate, educate and inspire Small Business Owners, to help them with their Business Growth.
In this episode, we talk about
- How to become the ultimate entrepreneur
- Why you should not focus only on business
- Why you should attend the Ultimate Entrepreneur Conference
Connect with Dario Cucci
Monetise Your Speaking Biz Mentoring Program
Do you want to MONETISE YOUR SPEAKING BIZ? We are only taking 15 speakers and experts on this brand new program click here >>
To become a GTeX Member, Apply here:
If you want to make 6 figures presentations and become awesome at Selling From The Stage without compromising your integrity I have created The Ultimate Selling From Stage Checklist.
The most comprehensive checklist to create a pitch that sells without being a douchebag.
To receive daily support in your coaching and speaking business, join our private Facebook Group EXPLODE YOUR EXPERT BIZ
Also, make sure you subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss any other episode.
If you want to reach out to me with your questions, you can email me at Simone@gtex.org.uk that comes right to my inbox.
– Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to a new episode of Explode Your Expert Business Show. We have a guest that has been, actually, on the podcast on the show before, the one and only Dario Cucci. Great to have you back Dario.
– Thank you for having me back.
– Now, you are in the exotic Switzerland.
– I am.
– Very exotic, and very cold, probably, at this time of the year as well.
– Yeah, it is a little bit cold, but it’s okay, I’m inside the house so it’s all good.
– We’re inside, we are warm. And we are warming up for you guys to give you a great interview so stay tuned for the next 20 minutes, because we are going to teach you and we’re going to help you become an ultimate entrepreneur. I’m going to be speaking soon at the Ultimate Entrepreneur Conference which Dario created. And I know Dario divided this conference and the entrepreneurial journey as well in four areas, which we are going to talk about right now. But before we mention the four areas and what they are and what is going to be covered as well in the conference, tell us a bit more about your ultimate entrepreneurial journey.
– My god, how much time do we have? Long story short I mean, my journey started when I decided to move to Australia because I was bored of Switzerland. I wanted to explore the world, and I moved to Australia when I was very young. And during my time in Australia, first I was an employee working in the hospitality industry and retail industry, and then later on, I got my certification as a personal trainer. Where I successfully had a franchise for almost five years. Even had apprentices that I’ve trained as personal trainers, and then I found the people that I trained self-sabotaged their goals. And they reach a goal and they would self-sabotage, and I asked myself why is this happening all the time? And I wanted to help individuals more on a deeper level and a subconscious level, just didn’t know how to. Then I came across NLP, and I started doing my certification on NLP, Time Line Therapy and hypnosis with Dr. Tad James in Australia.
– The master practitioner and that is how I ended up ultimately eventually working with individuals and style companies to help them reach their goals, by letting go of limitations. And also getting more clear about what it is that they want to achieve and how to. And later on I got offered a job working with the Anthony Robbins team, selling UPW tickets and Date with Destiny and all that sort of stuff. That is how I got into the entire self development and events in the street. And for almost 10 years in a row I literally succeeded at selling intangible products like educational products, mentoring products, coaching products, things like that over the phone. And that is how I ended up becoming an expert in that area on how to communicate with prospects and customers to sell coaching and mentoring programmes and event tickets, and things like that. Anywhere between 1,000 to 10 60,000 dollars, so at a high. And that was all over the phone. So that’s how my entrepreneur journey all started. And even though I was very successful, I ended up compromising my health. And putting everybody else first.
– And that wasn’t really good.
– I like the way entrepreneurs do that.
– Exactly! Exactly!
– It’s like it feels like the business sometimes, it sucks our lives.
– Yeah exactly. So I ended up, I thought I had a stroke but it turns out I had Bell’s palsy, which even though it sounds like a snack it’s not. It’s basically paralysing part of your face in the nervous system. And nobody really, I mean the doctors are hopeless. They really don’t know where it’s coming from or why. They give you an anti-inflammatory medication and then after that they just tell you well wait and see what happens. And I wasn’t satisfied with that so I ended up healing myself through hypnosis, through acupuncture and other alternative methods.
– And I decided to move back to Switzerland from Australia to start my own journey. And I started my business to help entrepreneurs and business owners to become better with their mindset. And with their communication skills, and with their business strategies, and structuring to serve their customers in a better way, than what I have observed in the past with companies that are being fairly successful. One of the things that in the self development industry is mostly one of big, big problems is the front looks all glossy and glamorous.
– The back end is a complete mess. And that is something that I just don’t like. I like to things to be structured and organised. And I believe you can actually be successful and have that. And so that is how I ended up getting my business started here. It’s learned those over three years ago. I mean I came also to you for mental shape as well and we worked together when I started in my early days. And since then I had some mentors that exactly did the same mistakes as some of the people in Australia. That were successful, glossy, glamorous in front. On the back end when it comes to customer service there was, systems were lacking, skills were lacking. And I want to prevent that from happening. And that is where my service comes in because when I work with business owners I really look at when you are looking after your customer how can you look better after you customer. You might do a good job but how can you do it even better? Cause there’s always room for improvement.
– Yeah and the fact is that one of the biggest downfalls is that we get sales front end but there not enough repeat sales on the back end. And the reason being is because we automate everything. So my thing about becoming and being an ultimate entrepreneur is to really help business owners along the way to find a balance. To have a healthy lifestyle. To grow with your mind set and let go of limitations around things that have to do with sales, and customer service and the way you handle it. But also what can you do to allow rich time to make more money without exchanging power for money.
– As well as what business strategies can you add or tweak to accelerate your own personal growth with the business. And that is where I work with business owners out of workshops and I do online. So I do more online these days with coaching and mentoring, than I do live events. I used to do a lot of live events, where now these days one thing that I’ve started doing is to do less of that. Because my time is valuable. And the thing is organising an event. Every time you organise it I love it. I’ll love doing it when I’m there but the entire back end, there’s so many things to take care of.
– It’s fairly underestimated by people.
– We organise an average of 70 events every year with Gtex. So I know what you’re talking about.
– Yeah I used to do about six to 10 events a year. I mean I love guest speaking and all of that but I norm do like two to six events a year.
– So the Ultimate Entrepreneur being one. And then there is a five day high end selling retreat that I do. And that’s about it.
– Okay so I want to ask you about the Ultimate Entrepreneur. So we can jump into the four areas that you haven’t defined that are also going to be covered in the conference. So what are these four areas and why did you come up with them?
– Well from personal experience it’s either you are successful with money but you don’t have time or you are literally struggling to get to that place where you got financial cash flow. And you are running around like a headless chicken. And then the health is compromised. Or it is you’re really healthy but your business is not growing or it is that you are limited by your resources. So it’s always one or the other thing. Or it’s like you’re doing really well in business but the strategies do not give you cash flow.
– Even though you are getting people in it’s not converting. So the four areas that I am looking at. Every entrepreneur has four areas in life. And I know that from experience. One is our mindset, we can always evolve. We all have stuff, baggage that we need to let go that is from the past. Some of it is not even ours. Some of it is our parents and it’s been passed down, certain beliefs where you’ve been told when you’re growing up as a child. This is how it is.
– And that’s not your belief to take. And we need to learn to let go of beliefs that have been given by our parents because we need to create our own beliefs, that are constructive and empowering. And then there is health. There are the genetics and there are things that we can do about it, because our health is the number one important thing to have. Without it you can be as successful as you like but if your health is compromised you will not be able to sustain it. And then there is the business. And business is always evolving. It continuously changes. It used to be that you used to actually dial a manual phone. That was years ago before the mobile came out. And then you used to not only make phone calls to remind the person to pay the bill or anything else. But you also just called and have a conversation with a person and see how they’re happy with the service. And that’s no longer happening because we think that all automation of email marketing replaces that and it’s not. It just complements it. But we need to talk more with one another. And what is the wealth factor? There are people that have property wealth or other kinds of wealth but they don’t have financial cash flow wealth to grow their business and that is the other area that we are covering during the Ultimate Entrepreneur. Because in order for you to grow your business you need financial cash flow.
– And one of the things that I normally talk about is you need to have at least three to five if not seven streams of income. And so that if one dries out the other one backs it up. And you’re never in that stress situation where you go into survival mode. Because that is the worst scenario for any entrepreneur when you need to survive instead of thriving. That is the reason why I have those four areas covered during the Ultimate Entrepreneur.
– And this is going to be very powerful. And there are going to be different speakers covering the other areas, every area. So for example I will be talking about how to become an authority in your field. And then there are going to be other speakers talking about financial management, about mind set, about health. So then we can cover all these different areas and I can acknowledge what you’re saying. The fact that every single area is very important. And the question I want to ask you is finding balance in these areas. What’s your view? Will we ever be able to have the perfect balance? Or does balance even exist? What’s your view on that?
– Well that is a very good question. I think that yes, I do believe we all can create balance in life. And it’s not easy. That is why I cope. I say to people do you want to become the ultimate entrepreneur because the ultimate entrepreneur ultimately can have balance. He can have success in all four areas. Getting there is the journey. That’s the journey. Am I already there? No, nowhere near it. I believe it’s like a journey that we are all making together and when you are doing your best that you can and you’re making the time available and you make priorities. And you work with mentors and coaches that can help you in the areas where you are not as skilled as you want to be or not as experienced. Then you can get there. It just takes time. You can not rush it. It’s not like somebody would say it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon to achieve it. There are two things that I have so far achieved, one is… Bless you.
– Thank you. Two things that I would say I’m fairly happy with where I’m going is mindset and the other one is the way that my finances are getting there. And those are two things. And the one that I’m working on this year is my health. And ultimately the business as well. Those are the two things that I go in regards to business expansion, I will step it up this year and looking at my health. Even if you’ve got all the four covered and you’re successful in all of them then the question is what’s the next step? How can you step it up and still balance it out?
– So you’re never really getting to a point where you go…
– So you’ve never arrived. You’re never getting to a point where you’re saying okay I’ve arrived. That’s the goal, I’m there. It’s an evolution.
– Yeah it’s an evolution. Every time you reached a goal you are in a way newborn. It’s almost like you’re starting a new cycle kind of thing. Look at some of the people that are very successful entrepreneurs, let’s say Oprah Winfrey. Okay she was very successful as a black woman journaling other business people. Then she ended up starting her own show. She became even more successful and she did that show for years and years and became a household name, not only as a journalist but also as an actor. And then she left that production and started her own production and now she does her own TV show, as well as interviewing the stars. So she had her own evolution if you want to put it this way. And I believe we all like yourself or myself, we have an evolution as well.
– So we all keep on growing and that is what makes it exciting.
– That is why we are not employed in a nine to five job.
– Absolutely I found that the more I experience and the more I achieve the bigger my vision becomes. So while before the vision was I was happy to become a speaker and speak five times, six times a year. Then I arrived to the point where the norm became speaking 10 times a year. And then the norm became speaking to a point for 200 times a year, like I did more than 1,000 events in the past five years. It’s been 1,000 total.
– That’s a lot! That’s a lot!
– I know! I know! But for me some of the things I am looking at this year is to reduce the number because I’ve been doing 200 speeches every year for the past five years. And this year I’m going to reduce slightly, so probably going around 100 120 mark. But because I’m going to focus on creating other different aspects of the business, which I hadn’t been focusing in the past. Because I was focusing on the speaking and the seminar part of the business. So it’s a constant, consistent evolution and even the thoughts that I have in terms of philanthropy and helping other people and charity work, is expanding the more I expand as a person and the more experiences I get. So very good point Dario. Now it’s time to wrap up tell us a bit more about the Ultimate Entrepreneur conference. When it is. Where it is. And guys remember that we’ve got 15 tickets that we can get so just send me an email and I will send you one of these tickets if there is any left at this point. But give it a go anyway, send me an email at email@example.com. Dario tell us more.
– So the Ultimate Entrepreneur is on the ninth and 10th of February, it’s gonna be held at the Park Inn Hotel in Heathrow, which is on Bath Road. And we have 10 international speakers. We’ve got speakers from Italy, Elena Agrizzi is coming from Italy.
– Yeah! Elena she’s a really good friend.
– You know her right?
– Yeah she’s a really good friend
– She’s a good friend of yours? And she’s gonna talk about mindset and how to create magic in your life to enjoy a magical life style, as an entrepreneur. We have someone even coming from Dubai, Spencer Lodge, who’s going to talk about how to automate yourselves, whilst growing a business without losing the relationship with your customers. So it’s gonna be amazing, and there’s yourself of course. You’re going to talk about becoming an authority in three months with what you know. And I’m gonna talk about the sales mindset and how one can actually use their communication skills to build relationships and make an additional million dollars sales revenue when doing it the right way, without having to do that hard sale that is being taught. There’s three different tickets. The gold tickets because you’re a sponsor you got 15 gold tickets. The gold tickets really have great value because right now the gold tickets are being sold online for 99 pounds. And so you’ve got 15 of those gold tickets that you’re giving to the people that take action as a gift. And so with the gold ticket you will get access to the event, you get priority seating. You will have a de-edited recording of the full event four to six weeks after the event. And you also get a hard copy of my book Turning Customers Into Profit. So it’s gonna be fantastic and it’s gonna be full on two days, Saturday and Sunday. The registration is open at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday. The doors are open to the seminar room at 9:00 a.m. And we’ll do a bit of a warm up, visualisation, helping people to arrive. That sort of thing. And then the official seminar starts at 9:30 a.m.
– So we’re going to have also all the details there is going to be the link here in the show notes so you can check all the details of the event. Make sure that if you want the free ticket, the free gold ticket then send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the show notes I will put also my discount code for the other level of tickets if you want to have more goody bags. If you want to get more out of the seminar so then you can go for the other level of tickets. Dario thank you very much for spending time with us. I’m looking forward to seeing you at the Ultimate Entrepreneur conference. It’s been a while since last time we saw each other in person.
– Yeah exactly.
– We often see each other online but not in person, so I’m really excited to see you again. And thank you very much for putting out this great event.
– Thank you so much for being part of it. And I look forward to seeing you at the event in not even two weeks time.
– We’re almost there.
– It’s arriving very soon.
– Yeah we’re almost there. All right guys thank you very much for listening to the show. If you’re watching on YouTube thank you for watching. If you’re listening on any other podcast and platform thank you for listening. Subscribe! If you haven’t subscribed yet I know you want to. So that you aren’t going to miss any other incredible episodes that we have moving forward for you. Thank you very much and remember that together we grow exponentially See you next time. Ciao.