Welcome to episode #111 of Explode Your Expert Biz Show, brought to you by https://gtex.org.uk/,
I am your host, Simone Vincenzi, The Experts Strategist, and this is the podcast for experts who want to become the ultimate authority in their niche while making an impact in the world.
Today I have the pleasure to Interview Lenka Lutonska
Lenka Lutonska is a business & mindset strategist for women coaches and change-makers. She runs NLP coaching accreditation courses, equipping women to adopt world-class coaching skills, and she helps them to scale their businesses to multiple-six-figures and beyond with her powerful Energetic Selling Method.
In this episode we talk about
- The unusual way to scale your business to multiple-six-figures and beyond
- How to sell with the Energetic Selling Method
- The one thing that can increase your conversion during your sales call, seminars and webinars
Connect with Lenka Lutonska.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Lutonska/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/freakingamazing/
If you want to make 6 figures presentations and become awesome at Selling From The Stage without compromising your integrity I have created The Ultimate Selling From Stage Checklist.
The most comprehensive checklist to create a pitch that sell without being a douchebag.
To receive daily support in your coaching and speaking business, join our private Facebook Group EXPLODE YOUR EXPERT BIZhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/explodeyourexpertbiz/
Tool of the day: Xero (Accounting Software)
Also make sure you subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss any other episode.
If you want to reach out to me with your questions, you can email me at Simone@gtex.org.uk that comes right to my inbox.
Resources To Help You Grow eXponentially:
- The Selling From Stage Ultimate Checklist – Learn how to close up to 50% of every audience.
- Sales Mastery – Triple your clients with a powerful sales conversation.
- eXplode Your Coaching Biz Membership – Join our inner community and get everything you need in one place to build your six figures coaching and speaking business.
– Hello, ladies and gentlemen. And welcome to another episode of Explode Your Expert. Bears this show. I’m here today with the one and only Lenka Lutonska. How you doing, Lenka?
– I’m very well, thank you, Simone.
– Fantastic, Lenka. Today we are going to be talking about the way you run your business, how are you able to make it so successful. Because I remember was that from the beginning from paraten K and Kati kept telling me, you need to talk to Lenka. You need to talk to Lenka. She is doing awesome. She is brilliant at running her business. You guys need to connect. And somehow we touched base but we didn’t manage to connect. And then I came to one of your was that your latest event that you did, London. And that was magical, I have to say, it was exquisite. The location, the speakers that were there, the women that you had in the room, perfect.
– Thank you, thank you, Simone. I must say I feel truly blessed. Truly, truly blessed. So anything I can share with you that will help your gorgeous listeners, let’s do it.
– Absolutely, absolutely. And then we are going to talk in particular about something which is very unique which is energetic selling method. And I never heard about it. And I’m really excited to dig deep into how this method works because everything that you’re selling, I’m going like, yeah, I love selling. So I’m always looking to learn new ways. So I’m really going to take every single bit of information I can from you today.
– Fantastic. Now, observe we get started, can you tell us a bit more about how did you get started you as an expert in your business and, where did you start, where do you come from?
– Sure, I’m not a newbie. I’ve been in the business for exactly 10 years, just over 10 years. And the way I started, I became really accidental entrepreneur. What I always wanted to do is, call me naive, change the world. I knew I wanted to work with people in some way. I just wasn’t sure how. So I studied for years psychotherapy and counselling and hypnotherapy, was exploring the options. Learning as much as I could about the human mind, about how we people work. And as a part of that, and I came across NLP, or neuro-linguistic programming, and that truly grabbed my heart. So much so that when I finished the first part of the training, I thought that’s it, forget work. I’m selling my house. I’m selling my car. And I’m gonna get myself trained to the highest level, which I did the same year. And to be able to train others and run an accredited coaching NLP course.
– So I finished that and there I was with no job, thinking I’m gonna change the world. This is hard. So I became very much accidental entrepreneur because very quickly I realised that, okay, having a website and a passion for something and a skill is actually not enough. Where are the clients?
– That’s how I started. And of course since then my business grew, and it evolved, and in the process of that, I managed to lose my business altogether at one point, which sent me on another, if you like, spiritual journey. Where I had to rediscover my value as a human being, rather than, oh, okay, I have a successful business. I don’t have anymore. So who am I now? And from that came my business number two, an online coaching and training business. Which has started it will be now three years ago exactly. It’s coming up to May. It will be three years ago. So, and yeah, so nowadays, yes, I am truly blessed because since I decided to go online and get my shit together.
– Is that, yeah.
– Yeah. Things started to work and my business is growing. My client are doing incredibly well. It’s fabulous. So, yes, that’s how I get started out of this, I want to change the world.
– What I want to know is, what are the things that you were doing before in your business that didn’t work? That you were saying, actually, if I were to go back, I would not do this because maybe it was not working or it was not effective. What were a few things that didn’t work?
– Okay, I’ll tell you, it’s a great question. When I was rebuilding my business, this is number two.
– Even before I went online, just before I went online, I had a long period of time that I was, I felt like I’m doing all the right things as entrepreneurs should do. I used to attend very many networking events. And I would seek out speaking opportunities. I felt like I’m doing all the right things. But things are not working. I would get a client here and there. And just I knew this is nothing. There’s so much more in me. And then one day I experienced such an embarrassing moment, and I’m still embarrassed about it when I talk about it, but here it is, but it was almost two years after I lost the first business and me trying to rebuild the business. And at the time, I dropped my kids to school. And on the way back, I was going to get a dinner at the local Sansbury supermarket. So I went to cash machine and take cash out. And I’m looking at my bank balance, 7.30. And I’m looking at it, no way. So here I was now at this point, I was really years in business. I had a successful business behind me. I was working every day like a bloody knuckler. Or that’s what I felt. And here I am not being able to afford a family dinner. And I was so ashamed, so embarrassed, but what I did, immediately I went home and I know something is gonna change. And you know what I did? I picked up the phone and for whole day, I called every bloody networking contact I acquired over the last x amount of amounts. People I spoke to, people that even vaguely expressed an interest in what I’ve got to offer. So by the end of the day, I sold just below 2,000 pounds of my services. So, you know, in other words, this is the moment when I committed. This is the moment when I committed. Because before I would tell myself, well, I don’t want to follow-up. If somebody wants to work with me, they’ll approach me. I don’t want to be pushy or salesy. I’ll share my expertise, but really sell, really follow-up, no, it wasn’t comfortable. So, if I had to go back, I would tell myself, woman, get real. If you want to do business properly, you’ve got to market, you’ve got to sell. And it’s really only a small percentage of people that just reach out to you. Gotta give them the little nudge. I call it open the door. Give that invitation. So that’s certainly one of the things I would change. Because that immediately made a huge difference.
– Definitely . I can understand where you’re coming from. I think that when we started, we all think, hey, people are gonna work with me just because I have a business. And actually you have to pick up the phone and call and follow-up.
– I’m so passionate about this part that I cannot even start. So I’m glad that you had, I think as everyone, like myself, we had these moments of realisation. Where I got to start selling now, otherwise I’m not gonna eat.
– That’s very crucial. And okay, talking about another mistake. Is there another mistake that you were doing before while you were rebuilding the business that you were thinking, or if not maybe a mistake, maybe it could be a strategy that you were using and you were saying, I actually wasted time doing that?
– A couple come to my mind. First, which is kind of natural because I was trying to find myself again. So it was a little bit of exploration period. But I wasn’t sure where do I put myself. So I tried to, I went to one networking event and talked about I can help you with changing personally. Another networking event I was talking about training corporate. Because in my previous business, I had valid experience. So it was like I was trying to be everything to everyone. And it never works. So this is why it’s easiest way to start business or go through that first curve of infancy period of business into the rapid growth or expansion period is to bloody focus. So find that client that you want to help. And solve their one problem that they have. And I didn’t do that initially. I really did not. So that, if you like, I could say slowed me down. So that’s obvious. The bigger one for me though was that I didn’t allow myself to be fully me in my business. And what do I mean by that? Because I wanted to be taken seriously, quote unquote, and it was important for me that I came across as professional and knowledgeable. So I would never dare to say anything about spirituality or energy or law of attraction, all the while I’ve read hundreds of books on quantum physics and everything because it’s my love and passion. But I would never talk about it. I wouldn’t allow myself to include it in my business because I want to be taken seriously. So I remember I had one little defining moment, and I was still asking myself, so what’s my purpose here? Surely this is thought the end of the road. This is just the beginning. So who am I here meant to serve? And then I ask myself, well, and excuse my language, I know sometimes I swear, but if I didn’t give a shit what other people think about me, what would I want to do and how would I do that? And literally in the millisecond, I’m bang, bang, bang, bang. I knew my branding, I knew my message. And I knew that my way to grow, my way to contribute is to be full me. So I started to talk about, and this was my immediately from there I launched my first, if you like, programme. It was at the time something along the lines, the Abundance Mastermind. And I filled up in a space of two weeks. It was effortless because it was full me, you see? So not just bringing the strategy side and psychology side but bringing into it the spiritual side, which is also me.
– I think that sometimes we have this, when things get, it’s not about things get easy, but when things get too difficult and you’re just banging your head against the wall, there might be something missing.
– And as soon as you find that something missing, it’s like, wow, now it’s so easy.
– Or easier than it was before. You still got to do the sales, you still got to do the follow-up, do the marketing. But then people are actually responding and they want it rather than banging your head against the wall and praying for people to say, please sign up with me because I got to pay my food bill tonight. So thank you for sharing.
– Totally, totally. Yes, and I think it’s because, in my words, I often share with my clients at any moment in a business whether we like it or not, we have two modes of being at work, or two parts of mind, if you like. One of them is our programmed mind. Sometimes I call it ego, or some of us call it ego. Some of us call it even comfort zone, everything that we’re used to. There is however this peculiar larger mind the potential, if you like, that we cannot see or touch it with our hands, but we cannot say it doesn’t exist because we can sense it. We certainly know that which we could be. So it’s our higher mind, our, if you like, potential that is also whispering to us do this, do that. And that is all of us. Anytime we ask ourselves, okay, this is not working, how can I be fuller myself? As long as we’re willing to get disconnected from ease, because it’s usually not easy. It’s hard. Then things start to flow much better because we still fully into who we really are. Our bigger self. That’s how I see it.
– Absolutely. Thank you, thank you for sharing. Now what I want to know is what are you doing right now that is working really well in your business? What are the things that if you lift the veil behind Lenka’s business, what is working well for you?
– Sure. So finally I just wrote an article yesterday. So since I came online, my business started to go really well. And very quickly I reached my first six figures. And I also was pregnant with baby number three. So I thought, right, now I’m fully booked with my high-end clients. I really earned this because, you know.
– Yeah, I’ve been working my ass off for this.
– But I’m about to have a baby. If I want to spend more time with the baby and with my family and grow my business, I have to change something. And I’ll tell you a single thing that helped me the most. And this is where actually the Energetic Selling Method was born. I instead of continuing taking on one-on-one clients, I introduced a group mastermind, intimate group mastermind clients at the same fee, which for me at the time was I had to overcome a bit of BS in my mind, right? Like why would people pay five figures for a group programme? That’s what they pay me for my one to one. Et cetera, et cetera. But once I got over it and realised, you know what, I love intimate groups. They still get a little bit of one to one. They’ll get the same information, because you repeat yourself, don’t you? Oftentimes right.
– Yeah, yeah, yeah.
– So anyway, I launched my first mastermind. And so, it was my first high level mastermind, a five figure mastermind. And that made a huge difference because not only I leveraged my time, big style, the clients got extraordinary results that are able to grow their businesses and benefit from exactly the same way as they would if they work with me on a one-to-one basis with added benefit of intimate high-end community.
– But it took guts. It took guts. So that’s, you know, definitely one of the things that helped me.
– What did you do for everyone who is listening right now that is saying, oh, my God, a six figure group programme, no. A five figure group programme, no way. No, it’s too much. What did you do for yourself to overcome it?
– To overcome it instead of struggle.
– Happily. And this is really they’re going into what you ask about, “I’ve never heard “of Energetic Selling Method.” And the reason why you haven’t heard of it because I just kind of invented the word for it, right? But this is, if you like, the process. And I see it as a four quadrants that need to be worked on almost simultaneously to be able to make the leap. So one doesn’t work without the other. So first and foremost, it’s about obviously creating a fabulous offer. It’s a group programme, let’s say, that delivers at least 10 times more value than you’re asking for. So it’s not about, oh, let me just create something for 10 grand or 20 grand for the sake of creating something for 10, 20 grand. It’s about, okay, how am I going to give this client, each client, 10 times or more what they paid for? So in my programme, I know so in my mastermind, what I help my clients to do is to really scale their businesses to multiple six figures in beyond, yes. So just by doing, if gonna implement it, they’re gonna get their return on investment, right?
– Yes, but it’s not always the case, especially in some different coaching niches. If you work in relationship or weight loss, or I don’t know what, so there is not always measurable that return on investment. So we need to look at really what’s the use value. Not necessarily cash value. What is the use value of this? So for people that are let’s say in relationship that are really hungry to be loved because they don’t have it, it hurts. We each have some type of problem that we would do anything, anything to really solve that problem, right? So it’s dead, how am I going to give them return on investment through how I structure the programme, what I include, but also about the end result. So that’s the first thing, we need to create a fabulous, fabulous offer. It doesn’t have to be really time consuming because sometimes we’ll say, all right, then for 10 grand, I’m gonna give them 40 sessions in a year, you know?
– I’m gonna coach you every day. Gonna give you an hour call every day.
– That’s right, it’s not about that. It’s about giving them what they need to get results that they desire. But nonetheless, it needs to be quality. It needs to be there. And in that way, what we’re doing also we really are allowing ourselves to serve at our highest level because, you know, I primarily work with women, Simone. But maybe it’s for gentlemen as well. I find that we chronically undervalue our services. And I did that as well. I used to do that as well. You’re giving something that is gonna freaking change someone’s life. You’re giving all your energy into it. You carry your clients on your mind all the time because you care about them, right?
– Yes. And then however what happens when we don’t put enough value on that service, the fee is very much about energy exchange. So I always say the part of it is my fees are set to guarantee that you absolutely will follow the process. Because believe me, Simone, when the ladies sign up for my mastermind, they’ll come on that call and they’re like freaking sponges. They hang on every word. And they’re implementing it.
– It’s like, I paid 10, 20 grand for this, I better. I better soak every single inch that I can.
– Absolutely, and that’s part of, so you really, are you gonna get better results? Of course, of course. It’s a win for everyone. So it allows ourselves to serve on a new level. So that was that, that was that. Secondly, as part of it, I had to sort out any money issue I had. In other words, you’ve got to really open ourselves to receive that amount of money. So this is the whole area of our relationship with money so we are not being controlled by it, but rather control it. So, inevitably, we are in completely aligned with stating what that fee is. And easily receiving payment in full.
– Yes. So that is the second quadrant. And then now this one is interesting. This might be perhaps may believe a little new to your audience, well, partially. But then it’s about calling in those next level clients to experience, right? So partially it’s about marketing. So we’ve got to know who that person really is.
– Where they are in their journey. What is their oh, shit point? And talk to them, community to them. So that’s partially that. But also what I find is that another important part of that is that we’ve got to be a mirror image of our next level client, which is sometimes not that easy. Because I don’t know if you heard, I hear this all the time in my tribe, well, I’ve got clients. They always tell me, I’ve got to think about it, I’ve got to think about it, I’ve got to think about it. I’ve got to think about it. But then when I question them a little more, they tell me that they do everything last minute, or their big decisions, they postpone big decisions. So they’re doing it. Therefore, of course, it’s coming back at them in the business.
– Yes, yes.
– I truly believe that our business is simply a mirror of what is happening inside of people that are. So this is the harder part, to actually have a look is, where do I not mirror my ideal high-end client? So if I expect my clients to pay in full, do I pay in full? If I expect my clients to invest in themselves that much money to get extraordinary results, do I honour myself enough so when it’s something important to me in a business that I actually am willing to bet on myself and invest that much money in something? So it’s all this sort of thing. We’ve got to be matched to it. So it’s personal development I guess.
– So that’s the third one. And then the fourth one, fourth area is literally about being able to sell from a place of power, place of power. So being able to lovingly take the clients all the way from I’m interested in work you have to, okay, let’s do this. And if I could just give one advice there, which even I’m still practising , and I still get it wrong sometimes. But I find that there are two things that bring the sales conversions over the roof. And that’s number one, following the intuition. So you feel whether you’re a right match for the client on or about. If not, we all paid for it, right?
– And so, follow the intuition. Or sometimes you know it’s the right thing to say something, so you say it rather than thinking, ah, I’m not gonna saying it because it may come off this way or that way. So following intuition is a big one. And the second one, being 100% honest.
– Honestly, I find that it’s the best sales tool on the planet. Does it help?
– It helps massively. I mean, we ask the audience, does it help, guys? I’m hearing yes, I’m hearing a lot of yeses. So it definitely helps. I love the four quadrants. It makes it very simple to understand and makes it easy to understand. And in particular, talking about following your intuition and your gut instinct. In fact, I remember I was closing one of our lifetime members. And our lifetime member, she pays 10,000 pounds for a group programme that we run. And I remember, I spent time with him. And he was saying, oh, I don’t have the money. Oh, I need to speak to my wife. Oh, I need to do this. I said, listen, you’re going to work with us, whether you like it or not. I can just feel it. So you can tell me know right now. But you’re gonna say yes, somehow. He was like oh, me, mine, Sign the form, and then we’ll figure it out. So he signed the form and we had a chat with his wife. Now, because that was the conversation. So actually his wife ended up joining too as well. And I remember, and it was something within me that was saying, he’s the right fit. I’m not going to let this person go. Because I know we’re just meant to work together.
– Yes, and you just said it. They’re meant to work together. So this is exactly it. Thank you for saying that. This is exactly because how often it’s so much easier not to listen to intuition. Listen to our ego instead.
– I don’t want to come across this way or that way.
– Absolutely. I don’t want to follow-up 10 times because people think I’m annoying and pushy. And then if they think that, then they will say you’re annoying and pushy. And you’re annoying, please stop following up. And then I’ll stop following up.
– Exactly, and this is another thing. In sales, you always, as you take your clients for this beautiful, it’s a exploration, right?
– The sales conversation, right? So you of course calibrate. You calibrate and you ask them many questions, does it make sense? Should I continue? They could at any point opt out.
– At any point they can say actually, no, this is definitely not for me, right? So if they’re interested, it’s our duty to help them, to guide them to make the right decision whether it’s yes or no. But make the recognition decision for them. That’s how I see it.
– And also when you talked about honesty, I think that honesty’s crucial when you’re selling because people will honour you for that.
– Oh, yes.
– If you feel honesty that you’re saying, no, actually, I don’t think you’re the right fit. Or I don’t think this would benefit you. Or I don’t think we are going to enjoy working together. You know that it might be too much of a stretch for them financially. And you know that actually joining the programme can be even put them in a worse situation than when they started because they will have no other means to grow their business. And I remember sometimes I turned down people, and say, no, actually, right now you’re not fit for this. This join this other one, or don’t join me at all. And they came back a year after and said, I appreciated that moment, now I’m ready. And decided to come back. So did you ever have any experience when you turned down someone, and then they came back?
– Oh, absolutely, absolutely. It always works out. As I said, they’ll respect you more for it. And when we talk about honesty, there’s something other in there as well, I recall a client not so long ago. And when I talked to her, it became obvious to me that the way she run her self-conversations is from the place of proving herself. As I’m gonna prove that I’m a great coach here. If they like me, they’re gonna hire me. It’s never gonna work like that because the client feels it like you’re proving yourself. So when we shifted her saying, you’re not here to prove anything to anyone. You’re here to make any impact. So you follow your intuition, you’re an excellent coach, so you’re gonna do the same during the sales conversation. You’re gonna be honest with them. And she literally got booked, fully booked with high-end clients so quickly because she came on each call. And when she felt like client is making themselves small or doing this in their lives, she will say, let me tell you. It’s my duty to tell you, if you continue like this, this is what’s gonna happen. She would blatantly tell them how they’re hurting themselves by staying where they are. Completely changed dynamic. And clients were thanking her for it. Not only thanking her for it, they were signing up for her coaching because that’s selling from place of power and honesty.
– And that’s what people are looking for, right? That’s why they sign up with a coach. Because they are looking for someone who is a leader who can tell them, who can call them on their bullshit, who can tell them where they’re going right, where they’re going wrong, who can be strong, that’s all they’re looking for. Someone who can say, can you handle me?
– Yes, absolutely.
– And if you give up and you don’t care enough by not following up or not being resilient or in that conversation, then the message that you’re sending is, I don’t care enough about you, or I cannot handle you.
– Yep, yep, I care more about my ego.
– Thank you, thank you. And that’s why selling in this way is very powerful. I’m really, I absolutely loved every single minute of this interview because there is a lot to learn from your experiences in business, from the way you run your business, also from the challenges that you had while stepping into this position of power and leadership and that, I mean, I saw the tip of the iceberg, which was the event that you were running, was that at the Waldorf?
– Waldorf Astoria, yes.
– It was beautiful. Just this gorgeous venue and the events was one of the most beautiful events I’ve ever seen. Even if I was just there for an afternoon. It was brilliant. So that shows what you do works. That shows that you’re able by being yourself create a tribe of people that are loving you, that you are able to set goals that you’re like, oh, I don’t know if I can do this. But somehow making it happen. I’ll gladly do it.
-I’ll do it anyway.
– Absolutely, absolutely. So, Lenka, people want to know more about how they can learn more about this new way of selling. If they can learn more about working with you, where they can find you?
– Sure, well, it depends when this interview will go live. But I’m going to run in a couple of weeks a challenge that is around creating and selling 10K plus offerings that your ideal clients will love. So I’m gonna do it. It’s gonna be four days where we’ll break down each of these aspects of energetic selling method, and go to into much more depth. So those that take the challenge can apply it. So I think perhaps you can drop a link for that, would that help, yes? And other than that, you can find me on Facebook. I’ve got this group, Freaking Amazing Women. So I’m very active there, that I share a lot of stuff. And, yes, well.
– Perfect, so make sure to join the challenge. And will there be a recording? So if someone cannot attend the challenge live?
– Absolutely, yes.
– If it’s later, they can certainly, it’s on demand.
– So they can take it, sign up–
– Brilliant, so you can join the challenge at any time. The link is in the show notes. So make sure that you click the link in the show notes. Join her Facebook group. Of course, if you are a woman. I don’t think that men–
– I’ve become sleepy, become sleepy.
– If you want to be there, yeah, we have, we do have men. They’re not as active, but we do have men in our group.
– Okay, so if you’re a men and you want to be in the Freaking Amazing Women group, make sure you join there. Because I was asking with my wife, as I called this women’s group and I cannot be in there because I feel like I’m a man, and then I don’t want to become like the stalker. Someone says, who is this man doing in this group? And I felt, so, make sure that you join the group and also sign up for the challenge. Thank you very much. Lenka’s been an absolute pleasure having this interview. I had a great time.
– Thank you so much, Simone. Thank you, everyone.
– Fantastic. And thank you very much for listening or watching. If you’re watching, thank you for watching. If you’re listening, thank you for listening. Make sure that you hit the subscribe button right now. I know it’s calling you, it’s there, it’s juicy, sexy, so touch that subscribe button right now. And also, leave us a five star review. If you like the work that we do, it would mean a lot to us. Because it will mean that more people will be able to see the work that we do, will be able to hear these amazing people like Lenka that we have on our show. And also, see you next episode. Make sure that you keep in touch for next episode. And remember that together we grow exponentially. See you next time. Ciao.