Welcome to episode #185 of Explode Your Expert Biz Show, brought to you by http://gtex.org.uk/,
I am your host, Simone Vincenzi, The Experts Strategist, and this is the podcast for experts who want to become the ultimate authority in their niche while making an impact in the world.
To learn more about our exclusive 100k Retreat in Thailand in January 2019 click here >>
Today I have the pleasure to Interview Dr John Demartini.
Dr. John Demartini is a world renowned specialist in human behavior, a researcher, author and global educator. He has developed a series of solutions applicable across all markets, sectors and age groups. His education curriculum ranges from corporate empowerment programs, financial empowerment strategies, self-development programs, relationship solutions and social transformation programs. His teachings start at the core of the issue, addressing the human factor and range out to a multitude of powerful tools that have proven the test of time.
He has studied over 30000 books across all the defined academic disciplines and has synthesised the wisdom of the ages which he shares on stage in over 60 countries. His presentations whether keynotes, seminars or workshops, leave clients with insights into their behaviour and keys to their empowerment.
In this episode, we talk about
- Why people want to be wealthy but are not.
- How to build wealth on autopilot
- How to restructure your value system to stop sabotaging your wealth
Connect with Dr John Demartini
Thailand 100k Experience Retreat
To learn more about our exclusive 100k Experience Retreat in Thailand in January 2019 click here >>
To become a GTeX Member, Apply here:
If you want to make 6 figures presentations and become awesome at Selling From The Stage without compromising your integrity I have created The Ultimate Selling From Stage Checklist.
The most comprehensive checklist to create a pitch that sells without being a douchebag.
To receive daily support in your coaching and speaking business, join our private Facebook Group EXPLODE YOUR EXPERT BIZ
Also, make sure you subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss any other episode.
If you want to reach out to me with your questions, you can email me at Simone@gtex.org.uk that comes right to my inbox.
– Hello ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to another episode of Explode Your Expert Business Show. Today I’m here, live, with the one and only Doctor John Demartini. How are you doing, John?
– I’m doing great, thank you.
– Oh fantastic, we just came from the personal development event of the year. It’s been a incredible event. Doctor Demartini was speaking there. Derrick Robins was speaking there. I had a session yesterday morning and I was fascinated today about the session that you did on wealth building. I love money. I really like money. And I think that a lot of people misunderstand, what’s stopping them to get wealth and also what strategies they can put in place to change this trend cause some people make money, lose money or don’t value money enough. So along the session you did today, could you expand a bit more first on why people that want money, on one side it say I really want to become wealthy but then they don’t become wealthy. Can you expand on that please?
– Yeah, I really, really pay attention what people say. I pay more attention to what they do cause your life demonstrates what you really value. So if I ask 10 000 people here to talk how many of you would like to be financially independent, every hand will go up. Now I ask, then how many of you have financial independence. And most hands go down. So people have a fantasy about being financially independent but what they actually have in their mind is the lifestyle, the rich and famous. They wanna spend money on things that go down in value, the consumables and depreciables. And they really don’t have a desire to buy methodically over long period of time, asset-building, money-producing income.
– Assets. So they have a fantasy. And that usually leads to a nightmare, they end up beating themselves up. I asked today, how of you have had anger to yourself, beat yourself up kinda thing about your wealth. And the same hands went up that also didn’t have any financial independent. I said, so the hierarchy of your values, the things you really value, tell me how you spend your money. So if you don’t really have a value on buying assets long term and you want to buy a media-gratifying consumable goods to have a media-gratifying lifestyle, then what you’re saying is, that I wanna work for money, I don’t wanna have money work for me. And so people don’t get a hit financially. And the average person, worldwide, doesn’t save enough money to ever get financial independent. I mean they save one to three percent at most. And if you’re 20 years old and you save ten percent, at 65 you could be financially independent if you keep the same lifestyle. At 30 years old, 20 percent. At 40 years old, 30 percent. At 50 years old, 40 percent. At 60 years old, 50 percent. So long you wait, the less probable that it’ll ever happen. And most people’s statistics depending on their children in some sort of social system to take care of them as they get old cause they say they want financial independent but the fact is their life doesn’t demonstrate that. So the first thing I do is not pay attention to what they say, cause it’s all usually fantasies. I’m interested to what their life is demonstrating.
– Yeah, wanna say a big shout out as well to Daleep. Thank you very much. In fact, he says that this is gold action represents values. Absolutely. And we have Mike, Steve, Michelle, Michelle Raymond. Thank you very much for joining guys. If you have any question for Doctor Demartini, please type them below in the comments so then we can answer those questions live. And so, Doctor Demartini you mentioned that, the importance of, the fact that when you look at the action, when you look at what they have, it determines also what’s more important for them.
– So let’s say, actually you made a great example today about, maybe mom that has children and they wanna become wealthy but there is another priority. So can you please expand on the fact that how people make their choices–
– And then how can we turn this around.
– Well, every human being has a set of priorities, a set of values, things that are most important, the least important in their life, at any moment in their life. Tell me what those values are and I’ll tell you how they’re gonna spend money. Cause when you receive money, you spend money on things that you value most, first, second, most second down the line. So if you have a very high value on, on education, you put a lot of money into your children’s education for instance. But you may not have any savings or investments. At one time, when I was in my 20s I had such a high value on learning that I would go and buy 50 books a week on average and read them. And so every time I get extra money it was going and buy a library to add the value on learning. But I didn’t have any assets working for me. I had intellectual assets. I have what is called, genuine wealth, which was intellectual property inside my head. But unless I have a financial value, it won’t convert to any form of cash and so the assets starts working for me. So I had to have a shift in my values to have a financial change which I did at age 28. But many people don’t realise what their values are. And they don’t even realise that, they come up with excuses, well I can’t afford, no matter what I do I can’t get a hit. What it really means is, that I have a higher value on buying other things or having a certain life stand or just style more than having my money work for me. And so as long as that’s the case, no matter how much money you could–
– I had a client that I consulted with in Florida that made six point two nine million dollars one year. Six point two nine million dollars.
– It’s nice.
– It’s good income. And he said, at the end, he asked me to consult with him. When I got into his consulting day, I found out that he was 327 000 dollars in debt with the government for tax. He had a fancy car, series of cars, fancy parties, fancy travels, fancy home, fancy yacht. He had everything that was a depreciable and consumable.
– Yeah. But he had no savings and no investments whatsoever. His house was a lifestyle, I can’t, he’s not getting rental income. He had nothing that was producing income and he’s making that kind of income. And there’s a secretary an assistant, that’s only been paying 20 000, 24 000 dollars a year a little assistant, with saving 400 dollars at the very paycheck every month towards savings and towards investments. She was closer to financial independent than he was. So it doesn’t matter how much you make, what matters is how you manage what you make and the hierarchy of values determines how you manage it. So tell me what your values are and I’ll tell you where the money’s gonna go. So first of all, you have to determine what that is so you be honest with yourself. The second thing is, if you decide you really do wanna be financial independent, you have to have the values that will lead you there. And there’s ways of shifting values by stacking up benefits of values that actually lead to asset production and lower value on things that keep consuming it. So there’s a way of shifting values, so you can then produce the probability of perceiving ideas, and opportunities and taking actions on that help get wealth.
– Right, thank you very much Doctor. Now here, we have Daleep that is saying, how do we figure out our values for sure, that’s one question. We have Danny which is just logged in. Marie, Nicola, Veronica, Cindy, Wolgang, great, thank you for joining Wolfgang. Victor. Okay, so the question from Daleep was it so how do we figure out what our values are. That’s something that you talked a lot about in your Breakthrough Experience and also in your books. So where is the starting point? So we can be aware.
– Well, to make it easier, I hope this is appropriate. I have on my website a value determination process. It’s complimentary, that we put on there because there’s so many thousands of people that are asking this question. For a while, I had people on their phones doing it all day and it’s crazy. So we put together a beautiful format that they can do, this private, that no one will see, they’re only be the one to see it. They come back and do it again. They can see the changes. They can watch their own value structure. And it’s complimentary in the website, just drdemartini.com and what this is it’ll take them about 30 minutes, maybe 40 minutes max, and they just have to be really honest. It’s gonna ask you 13 questions. How do you fill your space? So things that are really valuable to you, you keep around you. And things that aren’t, you toss. So things that are close to you that you keep in your personal space is valuable and things that aren’t, you want to the trash, the garage or something else. So you look at how you fill your space, what is demonstrated as valuable in your space? If children are, you’ll see children all around you in your space. If investment are in higher value, you’ll have some sort of investment magazines and things that are being right of investments. If education is valuable, you might see books and class information. Whatever you fill your space with, tells you what you value. The next one is time. Do you find time, spend time and make time for things that are really valuable to you? The third one is, what energises you? You have more energy at the end of the day when you do things that you really love and that’s high in you values and you’re drain on things that aren’t. I mean I can go all day long, I’ve been doing speaking all day for many days. And so what happens is, you look at how you, what energises you? The next, the fourth one is, well, how do you spend your money? When you make time, you find money, make money, you spend money on things that are valuable to you. So you gotta look at your disbursement to look at where’s your money going. If 80 percent of your money is going towards a mortgage then you obviously, whatever that represents to you, security, home, then it’s obviously valuable to you. To me, I wouldn’t put all that money into a home because it’s not high enough on my values. It doesn’t produce anything. It has a family dynamic but there’s other ways of getting that without having to put up and rob yourself of asset-producing. But the point is that whatever your values that’s where you’re gonna spend your money onto. And then you’ll look at where you’re most ordered and organised, where you’re most disciplined, reliable and focused and nobody has to remind you to do things. What do you think about, what do you visualise, what are you internally dialogue with yourself about, most about how you want your life that your showing evidence coming true. What do you converse with other people about most? And what do you keep going to bring the conversation to, cause that tells you what you value. What inspires you and what’s common to the people that inspire you? And what is it the three most consistent goals that you have for the longest period of time that are coming true, that have evidence of true, not fantasies, not things you hope that someday happen that don’t happen but things that come true. And the last one is, what do you love to study, read about, learn about most that nobody has to remind you do. You just love going to that part of library and love to go on Youtubes to read that, watch that. What do you love learning about? If you look carefully, those are 13 value-determinants that if you write three answers for each and look at those 39 answers, if you’re honest and be objective and look at what your life demonstrates not what you hope or wish or fantasise or what it used to be but what it is now, it’ll give you a repeating pattern and that once it show up repeatedly, the most frequent is your highest value. Second most, second highest. And third most, third highest value. And it gives you an indication of what your life is truly demonstrating, not the social idealisms that you got from your mother or your father or your preacher, your teacher and society’s expectations and ideologists. Because many people when they think of values, they think of truth and integrity and peace and all these ideology. and that’s not what your life demonstrates. Your life demonstrates what’s valuable to you so that’s how I help people determine.
– Absolutely. So guys we’re gonna put the link of Dr Demartini website so you can take the value assessment. I’m definitely going to take it again because I think last time when I took it, it was couple of years ago.
– Yes, we did.
– So I’m going to do it again. I’m looking forward to it. So is the website again is a–
– Just drdemartini.com, D-R Demartini D-E-M-A-R-T-I-N-I dot com. So just John, well, drdemartini.com that’s it.
– Brilliant. So Daleep says, yes this was really helpful thank you. Through up now, we are talking, so we understood how to identify them. You mentioned that it’s possible to change those values.
– That they’re not fixed. It’s something that we–
– No, you can change them.
– inherit somehow, well we can change them.
– Your values are changing throughout your life. And you can do it passively by events that are controlling your life or you can do it actively by engaging and re-associating new perceptions on each of the value systems. If you stack up advantages on a value system it rises up on your list of values. If you stack up drawbacks, it goes down lower. So you can consciously rearrange your values at will. And all of a sudden now perceive life differently, and act differently accordingly. So I’ve been paid many times to help people restructure their values so they can become wealthy. And have thousands of people that now have wealth but they didn’t have wealth before. So it’s totally doable. And it’s not that hard really. It just takes some move, better effort and time. But you can do it. And I didn’t mention six things that they could do to stack up the benefits.
– Yes, please.
– There are six things that I found common to the wealthiest billionaires that I’ve interviewed. And that is, they had six things which: one, was they desired to build a business and serve vast numbers of people. And if you don’t have a desire to serve people, it sorta unrealistic to expect yourself to be very fortunate cause you’re not gonna get fortunate sitting on your butt, you’re gonna do it by doing of service to people and filling people’s needs and getting compensated fairly.
– The second one is to manage that business more effective than efficiently so it’s maximising profits. If you’re not working on the business and all you do is working in the business, it may not maximise to much profit. So you need to make sure it’s efficient. With Ricardo’s law, to look at where you have to compare to advantage of the marketplace. Parkinson’s law, Pareto’s principle, the 20 percent gives you 80 percent results. Basically, learning how to get really down to what is the highest priority things that produce the greatest results. So you’re not majoring in minors and minoring your majors. The third one is, that you tune on the benefits of actually saving an ever progressive portion of the profits. Because, that’s the number one thing that made me financial independent, that method. I increase my savings every quarter, like clockwork, 10 percent. And what happens is every two years the amount of your saving it doubles. So I start out at 200 dollars, and three years later it was 2000 and then two years later, it was four and two years later, it was eight and 16 and 32 and 64, 128. I was up to 256 000 dollars a month in savings and I was saving more than I imagined I would someday have, in a year. And it was quite amazing what happened when I methodically, strategically structured an accelerated savings and investment structure. And it made a huge difference and that’s the one most significant thing I ever did in my financial career. And then the fourth one is, to earn the benefits of investing an ever greater degrees of leverage. And that’s learning how to leverage a brand, learning how to use other people’s money to help you in the purchase of assets, learning how to rise up a little higher at risk ratios on assets.
– And develop at leverage. And then the next one is, to earn benefits of accumulating a fortune, cause if you don’t have a desire to accumulate a fortune, you’ll start to get financial independent and start buying cluttering stuff. It just picks up your garage, fills up your garage with stuff. You’d be surprise how many people buy house, they have the car in it at the first year. Five years later, they can’t get the car in and 10 years later there’s no way to get the car in. They’ve fill it up with stuff. And then, they’ll have to go get a bigger house cause it got stuff and transport and pay ridiculous amounts worth. Then the last one, is to earn the benefits of creating a financial cause that leaves a legacy. Now this is a big one, because if you don’t have a big enough cause to grow wealth you probably would plateaued. You need some big cause something to dedicate your life to that is meaningful, that why’d you wanna build a fortune beyond just needs and beyond financial independent. And, so those are six things that if you stack up to 200 benefit to these by the time you’re done. And this is not 200 benefits of driving that Rolls, I’ve had a Rolls and that’s, those are temp, transient things, and penthouses and yachts and stuff. I’ve done all these things. But those are not what I’m talking about. These are the benefits of doing those six things, not the benefits of the, once you’ve done it, yeah you have money. Now you can go and spend money. So it’s the benefit of actually doing wealth, not spending it.
– Thank you very much. In fact, when I was listening to these part of the talk that Dr Demartini gave throughout the weekend that really stuck with me and in particular our non-executive director Jeff. He was like, this is what I’ve been doing all my life. I was like, you just made it in, because he’s really great in terms of well management and investing. And when you mention the way you were saving money and doubling the profits, he said, unconsciously, he just didn’t know it just made sense to him to do something like this. And in fact in knowing him, he has a huge value in terms of financial freedom.
– That’s right.
– And he always said it. So no matter what other people were telling him around that he was going to invest, he was going to build businesses, he was going to serve people because that’s what he wanted for himself and that’s what’s driving him naturally.
– Yeah, that’s what he was doing naturally. That’s because he had a high value in it.
– Because he already had a high value from it and that came because he didn’t have much money when he–
– Well, that’s the thing called multi-generational wealth which I’ve had the opportunity to interact with people and families with, and if you’re born with kind of a silver spoon and everything’s been taken care of you, you may squander money and not know how to actually build it. So it’s best if your parents not to rescue you, making it too easy on you. So if you’re bitching about your family making you accountable be grateful. That’s the people that usually become wealthy. The people that had everything handed to them, they’re usually don’t have a void that drives a value, that could push them to be patient and to override a media-gratification.
– Yes, that, love this. We had a great comment from the one and only Michelle Raymond say, this is pure gold. I’ve grown up on wealth management and at three properties by the time I was 30 on being multi-occupancy. You’re doing amazing Michelle. Thank you very much for sharing. And then, thank you very much Daleep for writing down all the six steps here in the comments. I really appreciate it. Now, you’re doing an incredible seminar training called, The Breakthrough Experience and that’s where people change their mother, father value systems. They change their value system and they have one coming up in 15, 16, 17, no 16 and 17th of February, 2019.
– I don’t know the exact dates–
– I know as I read your brochure so I know, I’m saying it for you. 16, 17 of February, Breakthrough Experience. Now what can people expect when they come to the Breakthrough Experience?
– Well, I don’t know what they’ll expect because they may have a false expectation. But what I can deliver, I’m gonna share with people, first of all, principles that I’ve been accumulating for 46 years. People look at me and sometimes they go, 46 years, I’ve been teaching 46 years, I’m 64. And there are certain principles about human behaviour that a lot of people don’t know about. I’d try to share a few of them this weekend. And there’s a lot, Paul direct a Nobel Prize when he said, it’s not that we don’t know so much so that we know so much that isn’t so. We can get sometimes infiltrated with ideas that aren’t really the most profound and most solid information. There’s a lot of hype as you know.
– So what I’m gonna do is I’m gonna give you some principles that I am absolutely certain that you can stand on a shoulder’s of giants with. These are things that will build foundation for amazing life. I’ll also give you an insight about what values are and the impact that values have. How to determine your values, we’re gonna actually do that. Talk about, how your emotions distract you, impulses and instincts, infatuation, resentments, things you see and avoid and all the distractions to keep you centred and focus and present and purposeful. I’m gonna show you how to dissolve those so they don’t distract you, cause that’s a very common thing we get. Well, I’m sure you’ve had a moment when you’ve been infatuated with somebody and you couldn’t get them out of your mind. And then you started sacrificing to be with them and then that distracted you and eventually found that, oop that ought to backfire. And then sometimes you resented somebody and you’re willing to change them and putting all the energy into changing them relative to you instead of you relative to other people. All these are distractions, instead of actually being centred and being poised and being present and setting goals that are congruent and then chunking them strategically into actions that you can do each day that you know will give you result. So I’m interested in that. I’m not interested in hype. I’m not interested in fluffy stuff. I’m not interested in rah-rah. I’m interested in the mechanical things that have proven to work in my own life and also in the thousands of people, I’ve taken The Breakthrough Experience which is nearly a hundred thousand people.
– And, I just, and then I did the method, the Demartini method which is a method I used to dissolve pretty well, any emotional baggage stored in the subconscious mind that’s causing us to seek and avoid in milliseconds before you even have cognitive thought and decisions. And show you how to solve the baggage and all the guilt and the shame and the, or the pride and the righteousness and the, all the things to keep you from having sustainable fair exchange with people.
– Because that’s not how you build a business unless you have sustainable fair exchange. If you’re proud, you talked down to your customer and employees and eventually that backfires and humbles you. If you’re minimising you’ll sacrifice your profit margin cause you think, they’re more important than you and you’ll exaggerate how they are. But if you have fair exchange and you have equity and equanimity, you’ll have the most sustainable state. So I show you that sign so I had to do that and I make it do it. It’s not theory. You actually do it. We learn and spend hours to practically doing it. And then I’ll show you own the trait to the great because as long as you’re subordinating the people around you that you think have something you don’t, you’re too humble to admit what you see in them is inside you. You’re gonna hold yourself back, you’re gonna play small. You know people have many times have fear of public speaking.
– They have.
– You and I don’t. We have a fear of not speaking.
– But there are people who have a fear of public speaking and it’s not the fear of speaking. They speak all day long to people. It’s the fear of speaking in front of somebody they think is smarter, more successful, have more wealth, better relationship, more socially connected, more physically fit or more spiritually aware. As long as they’re comparing themselves to people they put on pedestal and not owning what they see in them. So you can’t see something, you’re admiring somebody without having it. You wouldn’t be admiring it if it wasn’t reminding you of something, you’re just too humble to admit you have but you have.
– So I’m gonna show you how to own the trait to the great. So you’re not subordinating to people cause that’s the number one thing that clouds your clarity, your purpose in life, number one thing that makes you feel minimise your stuff and think, oh I should be something I’m not. And number one thing that actually makes you get injected values of other people that cloud clarity of what you wanna dedicate your life to. And it disempowers you. So I’m gonna show you how to breakthrough that. I’m gonna show you the secret behind the secret left the other secret which is what I call, a manifestation formula and there’s many more. There’s gonna be some thousands of gems that have come through the programme. And you’re also gonna see people’s life change in front of you and you’re gonna see a lot of part to view through other people that you’ll take home and have as gems.
– So guys I’m going to be, I’m going to be there because it’s an experience that I want to go through, I want to experience. I’ve heard it all, I’ve got a lot of friends that have been through The Breakthrough Experience and they said, it’s an absolute must. So we’re going to put the links in the comment so that you can join, you can see when the next one is coming. If you’re watching from, if you’re not in the UK, if you’re watching from somewhere else there are going to be dates in different part of the worlds. I mean you’re always travelling. You’re always delivering. You’re always teaching. That’s what you do. I make sure to try travel to teach. I do usually 43 Breakthroughs a year somewhere each weekend and then I’d do all the other programmes on the other weekends. I’m full time teacher.
– So you know that wherever you are in the world, he’s going to be somewhere that is going to be close to you, so you can come and attend. I wanna thank you Doctor Demartini. It’s been an absolute pleasure to have a dinner bit earlier, to be here and interview you, to listen to your teachings. Cause as I mention also in the beginning, you had a deep and profound impact in the way I change my life. And starting from the first time I saw you in secret, I had to hold the other books that I’ve read and the Youtube videos that I’ve watched and I, everything that he’s saying right now, guys make sure you put it in practise because again, if you just got the knowledge without doing anything about it, not much is gonna change.
– Yup, to think you know something without applying it, is not really to know it.
– Absolutely. So thank you very much and I’ll see you, the next episode of Explode Your Expert Business Show. Remember if you haven’t subscribe maybe you’re listening to the recording, if you haven’t subscribe to the podcast, hit that sexy, juicy subscribe button. If you follow me right now watching live on Facebook, thank you very much for being with us. And remember one thing, that together we grow exponentially. See you next time, bye.
– Thank you.